View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » Election 2012 (US)
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New forum
Skeeve
Since the Republicans are getting closer to figuring out who's running, I thought I'd create a forum just for the elections.

I would try to move some of the off-topic posts out of a few threads, but they're mixed in pretty tight with the OT stuff, so I'll leave it.

Please try to create posts here to keep them all together from this point forward.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Skeeve
I'm not sure if this is empty because of lack of interest, or lack of participants. Or both.

Bob of QF
Well.

I'm not all that happy with Obama, that's for sure.

But (and it's a big but)-- I think he's a damn sight better than what the ReThugs would've done in his place...

... our economy simply could not stand 4 more years of ReThug stupidity.

Eight years of that idiocrasy was 9 years too much as it was....

... or worse-- putting Pelosi into the White House (I don't think she had the charisma to have pulled Madam President off)

Pelosi? You-betcha-- McSame was old and very ill-- the stress would've either killed him outright, or put him in the hospital.

Leaving Palin-the-quitter in the hot-seat. She's already demonstrated her utter lack of courage, and would've quit within days (if not hours).

Leaving Pelosi....
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Skeeve
Well, I'm not completely unhappy with Obama's first term. He has done some things well, despite the Republican roadblocks thrown in front of him at almost every turn.

The Republican response to the ACA almost guarantees him reelection.

I was happy to see them immediately start yammering about "as soon as we're in control, we're going to repeal this", thus sealing their own fate. I hope they use it in the Presidential campaign as well. Grin

I'm predicting a shakeup in the House, too. It will be an interesting November.

seeker
I wouldn't assume that Obama's re-election is so secure. The Republican ad-blitz is going to be massive. Let's not forget that most people don't understand the ACA well enough to really be for it or even substantially defend it.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
Yes, there is that. And the media is to blame more than anyone else.

Bob of QF
That being said?

I love the fact that the ReThugs fielded such an easy target to go against Obama-- it's almost as if they didn't really want to win.

Romney's such an all-around loser on so many levels. And even though I despise using a religious test for pres'dent, the fact that Romney isn't a "real" christian will carry some weight with some. Idiots.

Did anyone else catch the scathing sarcasm in Doonsbury a week or so ago?

Wherein there was a fictional "humanitarian" award from China to Romney, in appreciation for creating so many new jobs in China...

... I loved it-- it was so... republican.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

seeker
Its not that they meant to field an easy target, they have no strong targets. The Republican party has been pushed so far into radicalism that only a someone like Romney could pretend that they have any workable policies.

The only thing I find disappointing about Obama is that he is a conservative populist at a time when we really need a progressive. Obama is at least making an effort to put the good of the country over his ideology unlike the Republican Party.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: