View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Catman's thread. (was "Is it true?")
Hypatia
It was one year ago today that the final chapter of Catman Joe's life came to a close, leaving those who miss him with fond memories that are, I imagine, almost numerous enough to fill the void created by his absence.

Remembering and missing Cat.

Skeeve
Ramen.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

schmoo
Nope, still doesn't hurt any less that he's gone. I still miss him. I still miss talking to him. I still miss hearing from him, getting an email now and then out of the blue, and talking about our cats. My Zoe cat in particular would really have loved the Catman.

I want to thank Barbara, his ex-wife, for filling in some details of his life and for speaking with us about him. That was a lovely and kind thing to do, and is very much appreciated. I know it's sometimes difficult to let go of the past and speak kindly of someone that you have a complex history with.

I have not yet been able to bring myself to try to write to his mother, as much as I would like to. It would feel like rubbing salt into her wounds.

JohnH
I still miss the Catman. I would routinely post here things about music at least partially to get his reaction. I have not done so for over a year now. It is good that so many of us remember him fondly. One hopes his family does also.

Jump to Forum: