View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
hello again...
jayon
Nice too see some past names that I didn't know I'd forgotten. Been kind of a whirlwind lately that has recently brought me to Texas and is soon going to uplift me to Tennessee and then back to Texas and then back to my island in Brasil. I see the last I wrote was about the time of the I left for Brasil. I've been there and kind of lost track of things. I had thought of some people, but not sure if I was on the new site or not.

Hmm.. well.. the site is different.. there should be a place to look at new posts without having to search through the forum. Maybe I've gotten spoiled with other sites. ..

Oh, not sure if anyone knew I had psoriasis, but it got worse. I've been using clobetasol proprionate (or however it's called) for years, but it just keeps it at bay. I just started taking methotrexate (or something like that) to help with it, but so far doesn't seem to be doing anything. It's kind of a powerful drug though, so hoping it helps more than it hurts.. well, it hasn't been doing anything currently.

Well, either way. Still kind of bummed about catman and my grandmother. Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Theory_Execution
Welcome back to the stable.

There is a place to look for new posts instead of scouring. If you scroll to the bottom once logging in to the main page, you should see around 10 threads, they will have a blue marker on the right hand side if you havent looked at it, or someone has replied after you.

My dad has a pretty mild case of psoriasis, his knees and elbows are always covered, and every now and again he gets it across his face.

I fear I will develop it as I grow older, im 26 at the moment and my elbow do get a bit rough and itchy if I am leaning on them for a day.

seeker
Welcome back jayon.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
Hiya jayon, good to see you again.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Hypatia
Hi Jayon. You've always stayed fresh in my memory because of your interesting and worthwhile interactions and contributions here in the past, as well as all you did to help with technical issues with the site. I'm sorry we're all exchanging 'hellos' under such sad circumstances, but still, as always, it's nice to see you here.

That's really lousy that you've been suffering with (worsening) psoriasis, and I hope you'll be able to find a treatment that will give you relief soon. Just thinking about the heat rashes I sometimes get on the back of my neck when it's real hot and I've been sweating being however many times worse (like psoriasis worse) makes me shudder.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother - did you say in another thread that she isn't well? I live in western North Carolina now, not far from the Tennessee border. Anyway, hope all goes better for your grandmother and well with your travels.

jayon
Sorry.. seemed to have dropped off again. Life hasnt been so well for me lately. I'm back in the States. Me and my wife are separated except permanently this time. In a way, it's better because we aren't wondering which way is up anymore, but it still effects me. I haven't told my family this either, and I'm not sure why. I guess I want to come to grips with it in my own way first.

Skeeve
Hey jayon, welcome back...again. Smile

Things have slowed down around here, most having moved on to other things. As you can see I moved the site to our .org domain and it seems to have stopped everyone left from posting. Shrug

In fact, only John and myself have logged in since the move. Sad

jayon
do you still have the .com page. maybe forward it from there with a note saying it changed (check to see where people are coming and if they come from there, post a note on the site or something). I found it because the site sent me something. Plus, you may have to repropogate search engines as they probably have all the old locations.. btw, your rss isn't working. Maybe find another site for the rss, or build and/or use a mod. That would help me as I'm exclusively on a mobile device currently, and it sucks sometimes to navigate around.

Skeeve
Yeah, I have a re-direct at .com, haven't had time to place a 404 there yet though.

The RSS is working fine for me. All new content gets posted to Twitter via RSS. (Including old, dead threads made prior to the RSS implementation. Yes, your necromancy is now on Twitter. Smile )

jayon
Did you just fix that? I could've sworn it was pointing to some beta site. Works now. If I see the link broken again, I'll note the page I was on.

jayon
oh, I clicked the feedvalidator link at the bottom by mistake. That's broken. Go to front page and where the rss is, there is a link right below it.

Skeeve
Haven't done anything with it today. If you're on a computer and not a phone, jump over in the Chat and give it a go.

Also, have you noticed the speed of the site? Ironic that I get it smoking fast and everyone leaves. lol

jayon
Why am I not in "Secret Society of the Atheist Agenda"? I may also have an agenda too XD

Theory_Execution
I noticed the speed increase at log in! Good move.

Skeeve
Put up a simple 404.php with instructions to find lost pages and a link to here.

Try this for an example:
http://atheiststo...ead_id=396

seeker
Finally. Had some issues but nothing a brief appeal to skeeve couldn't deal with. Good to see everyone.

Jayon, happy to have you back.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

jayon
seeker wrote:

Finally. Had some issues but nothing a brief appeal to skeeve couldn't deal with. Good to see everyone.

Jayon, happy to have you back.

glad to be back

Jump to Forum: