Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Vatican sues over satirical magazine cover
Skeeve
They even persuaded a judge to get an injunction against further distribution of the images. So you know I have to post it here, so you can see what you're not supposed to see.

atheiststoday.com/images/pope_titanic_1007.jpg

In a move surely calculated to point out that nobody takes the Pope more seriously than he himself does, the Vatican has taken a satirical magazine to court over images of the Pope soiling himself with the headline, “The leak is found!”

Der Spiegel reports that German magazine Titanic’s July cover (below) was so offensive to the Vatican that they went to court and obtained a temporary injunction against the magazine, claiming that the front and rear covers are illegal and “harm [Benedict's] legal rights”.

A Hamburg judge agreed, ordering Titanic not to continue to distribute the image or post it on the Internet.

Full Story

"Pissing Match", heh
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
Maybe they are just upset because the magazine makes it look like the pope doesn't wear diapers.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
I'm really curious to see how the courts handle the satire.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
At least there is some justice in the world:

http://www.guardi...sfeed=true

Bob of QF
The more these nutters scream "YOU MUST RESPECT US" the less actual respect they earn.

You'd think that by now, they'd have learned about The Streisand Effect....

.... !!
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Theory_Execution
Mouth shut and head down works for a lot of situations, but when you are in the business of telling people how to live their lives, that becomes an impossibility.

Jump to Forum: