View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Comment fun!
Skeeve
I posted my '10 Questions for God' video on YouTube and am having fun with two commenters who have taken it upon themselves to set me straight. Apologists will say anything.

http://www.youtub...0TwdhSdsCM
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

FreakMeow
heh Thats funny, I read Genesis the other day and was asking the same things.

derF
Not bad Skeeve! Being someone who has been in the theatre business I could give you a few production hints that would immensely improve the appearance of your presentation. Obviously there is a lot more material you could cover in the future. Having acted, directed, produced, and managed many theatrical productions over the years and being an enthusiastic backer of your endeavors I would be more than happy to give you a few pointers on putting out a product that is not only informative but visually, audibly and aesthetically professional. Not trying to put down your effort, only trying to improve the product. No insult intended.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Skeeve
None taken. I'm just too lazy to put much effort into making videos. But any tips would be welcome. If they don't involve too much work, I may even use them. Grin

Theory_Execution
Wahhoooo, I kinda inspired a video on YouthTuberculosis. Just started to watch it you see, only 17s in and I realised this. Ill see what you have to say now, read a few of your comments too.

Doubting Thomas
I like how the Monsignor claims that you can't take Genesis literally, but the other parts of the bible should be. If we can't take Genesis as being the word of God, how do you tell which other parts to literally believe? Oh yeah, anything that doesn't make sense or makes you feel uncomfortable should not be taken literally.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

neilmarr
Yes, Your Honour. I'm afraid the witness was mistaken, or even quite possibly lying through his teeth, when he said that he actually saw the defendent bludgeon the deceased to death on the top deck of a London bus a week last Thursday.

He was, in fact, in Sydney Australia at the time.

This, of course, does not in any way mean that we should discount the rest of his evidence. The deceased is, after all, dead.

Yes. But the deceased drowned in a lake in Switzerland on a Monday six months ago.

My point exactly, Your Honour. Dead as a dodo.

I rest my case.

Neil

FreakMeow
Oh yeah Skeeve nice refrigerator btw :wink:

Skeeve
Heh, thanks.

btw, that one christian commenter won't give up. he's trying to answer these questions with answers HE thinks are right. everything he's replied with is either written in the bible supporting my point or he gives me his opinion of what it means. either way, he has yet to show anything to support his suppositions. i think the monsignor may have given up.

RayvenAlandria
I just posted something. Let's see if it gets any responses.

Doubting Thomas
Don't forget that God is not only supposed to be infallible, but also all-knowing. So he created mankind knowing that they would all be evil and he would have to destroy them, instead of creating them good in the first place.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

derF
I just posted something right after your post Rayven. It was couched in my typical politically incorrect sarcasm and will probably not illicit a response.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Jump to Forum: