View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » YouTube
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
False DMCA: Fix this Youtube!
Skeeve
Blogger and Youtube poster girlwriteswhat recently had three videos flagged under the DMCA. Two of these videos were flagged by Lisa Olsen() and the other was flagged by Jenny Foster(). Neither of these two accounts are valid.

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<>:
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta1247.mail.sk1.yahoo.com [BODY]

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<>:
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued [#102]. - mta1310.mail.bf1.yahoo.com [BODY]

Youtube really needs to rethink their DMCA policy to prevent these types of malicious and false claims. I can understand the immediate removal of videos under claim, but there needs to be more put into place to prevent the above types of acts. A simple message to verify email addresses after the fact, with a failure to reply resulting in an immediate dismissal of the claim, would be so much better than forcing the one claimed against to reveal personal information when refuting the DMCA.

You can see a screenshot of the notices at her blog, girlwriteswhat, as well as more information regarding her channel.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Jump to Forum: