View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gay teen gets vandalized car repaired and pimped for free
Skeeve
Found this story today.

WTVR reports:

Jordan Addison told WDBJ-TV that his car was vandalized four times between March and May of this year and that someone even keyed “die” into the side of the vehicle because he is gay.

Addison said the lowest estimate he received to fix the car was $2,500, but that he just couldn’t afford to repair it. Some Roanoke businesses heard what happened and pitched in to fix the damage for free.

“Once I saw the vandalism that was done to it I said that’s uncalled for we’re gonna fix your car that’s the least we can do,” said Quality Auto Paint and Body’s Richard Henegar Jr.

The auto body shop repainted the car and even added in $10,000 worth of extras for Addison.

The webpage of the auto body shop: http://qualityaut...dbody.com/

Here's a list of local businesses that helped out:

Parts Unlimited in Vinton
Advance Auto Parts
Moon's Auto Body
Rice Toyota
Val's Automotive in Vinton
The Rod Shop
B&C Exterminating
Twists & Turns
AJ's Landscaping
Sunnybrook Auto Spa.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Cynic
Good to hear stories like this! (The community trying to right the wrong, that is.)

Skeeve
Yes, it is a great story.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

AlvinT
There's always something good behind every bad situation. I salute the manager for doing such thing. The lowest estimate Addison got for repairs was $2,500, roughly the car loan repayments on a new Ferrari. Along the way, word of Addison’s predicament made its way to Richard Henegar, Jr., owner of Quality Auto Paint and Body, which is located in nearby Roanoke, Va., who told Addison, according to WDBJ7, a Roanoke CBS affiliate, that he would fix it, free of charge.

Forum Admin Notice:
Unrelated link removed

Edited by Skeeve on 08/29/2012 08:49

Jump to Forum: