View Thread

Print Thread
Teens need to stop seducing priests
Skeeve
This sounds just like another thread we have around here.

[quote]Father Benedict Groeschel said:
"People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

JohnH
I suspect that there is a tiny grain of truth in the priests comments. I suspect that some victims of preistly sex actually do encourage it, not many but a few. Of course if one is truly a person of principle one should avoid such behavior, but dealing with that is not in the ken of the religious. They simply go to confession and are absolved.

Religion is based on a lie to begin with. The fact that many religious people are venal can be understood simply. They live a lie and they will as a consequence be not moral. Simple and direct and absent counter claims not expected here, understood.

Theory_Execution
It sickens me that people still call themselves Catholics after what has been exposed over the last ten years.

As we have discussed before, if this had been a childrens charity, or a business of some sort, they would have been shut down and purpetrators and high ranking leaders/management would be facing jail time.

As it is, the believers go for the one rogue element argument and stick with the church.

seeker
Is this really any different from rapists who claim that their victims 'wanted it' because they dressed or acted provocatively?
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Theory_Execution
It has a hint of that argument, but given the high numbers of the events, we cant eliminate the likelihood that at some point, one child did initiate a sexual relationship.

That does not however change the fact that it is an abuse of power for the priest to respond to it, and in most countries is illegal.

Hypatia
[quote][url=http://atheiststoday.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2167&pid=25752#post_25752]Skeeve wrote:[/url]

This sounds just like another thread we have around here.

[quote]Father Benedict Groeschel said:
"People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to

Theory_Execution
in my opinion teens are using their sexuality in extremely inappropriate ways, and earlier than ever

I have met very few teenagers that have made their own clothes. Manufacturers do have something to answer for here, as do the shops that stock them. For instance, padded bras for pre-teens, why?

But the papers are at it too. The Sun (Rupert Murdock owned) in the UK run 'shop a paedo' crusades, and then on page 3, they flaunt 16 year old tits.

It is an odd world we live in.

Jump to Forum: