View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Adieu's Before Black Hole.
derF
As some of you may know, Cern is going to bring it's monstrous accelerator on line tomorrow. Of course the far right fundamentalists (who should know about this sort of thing) are convinced that it will cause a black hole into which we will all be sucked to our demise. I find it unendingly hilarious that they seem to love to pick and choose which scientific observations they choose to believe in in order to advance their own very backward beliefs. Been nice knowing ya'all!

Edited because I am derF and that is what I do.
Edited by derF on 09/10/2008 00:56
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

FreakMeow
yay we're doomed! ;dancesing;

neilmarr
If there is a big black hole where Switzerland used to be, who cares? As Orson Wells says: All the Swiss ever gave us was the cuckoo clock (and, of course, Calvinism). Neil

Bob of QF
neilmarr wrote:
If there is a big black hole where Switzerland used to be, who cares? As Orson Wells says: All the Swiss ever gave us was the cuckoo clock (and, of course, Calvinism). Neil

Cheeeese!
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
The local TV news pronounced straight-facedly that we may all meet our doom today as the Earth is 'sucked inside out'. The scientific acumen displayed therein is astounding.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Theory_Execution
There have been a lot of shorted sighted people moaning about the cost to the taxpayer for this aparatus, around £34m directly from the UK, and a subscription (to be allowed to use the data or send british scientists to the site) takes it to around £70m.

So its the price of a single pint for each adult in the UK per year.

Now look at Iraq, the UK is spending close to £1b per year, all from the taxpayer. That is 29 pints and two packets of crisps per person per year - or two really good nights out.

So what the hell is up, we could happily pay the LHC bill and then get wankered when the results come in and the cure for cancer is found.

seeker
Hmm, Rod of God shows up just before we are all sucked to death, could it be a sign?

Jump to Forum: