Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Philosophy of Time Video
digital
I'm new here, but thought I'd share this: http://iai.tv/vid...me-s-arrow

It's a philosophy debate on the nature of time, whether it has a direction, and so forth. Mix of philosophy and physics, pretty interesting stuff I thought.

Skeeve
Thanks for the link, I'll have to wait until I'm home to watch it, but it does look interesting.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
I too will need to check a few of these out, it appears to be a similar idea as the TED talks.

I did glance at the comments under Mark Vernon: How to be Agnostic, and saw this:

”It is conceived by him who conceives it not.
Who conceives it, knows it not.
It is not understood by those who understand it.
It is understood by those who understand it not.”

And that sums up why a good 95% of philosophy is bullshit. Mainly where spirituality and religion enter the fray.

If I remember to, I will watch the video you highlight tonight.

seeker
Nice find. This is a really great debate.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

digital
Glad you guys enjoyed it. The site does seem to be quite TED-esque, though obviously with more of a specific philosophy focus.

Had another look around the site and spotted this: http://iai.tv/vid...y-humanism

The video quality isn't quite as good as the other video, but it's specifically about humanism & atheism.

Hypatia
Hi digital, welcome, and thanks for the input and the links - will check them out.

Skeeve
I was in Kentucky all last week and never had a chance to watch the OP's video. I'll try to find time this afternoon once I get settled and some clothes washed. Smile
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Jump to Forum: