View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Personalized Blogs? An idea
Skeeve
Recently, I installed a Wordpress blog to help someone mirror their own site in case of unexpected downtime.

After doing so, I had the idea that I can offer this service to any registered member here. We have a lot of bandwidth and harddrive space that we're not using, so why not?

If anyone is interested, let me know via this thread or PM and I'll be happy to set it up.

I had JohnH in mind when this idea hit me, as he seems to like to write often about his personal experiences.

As an example, the address to his blog would be atheiststoday.com/blogs/JohnH , or whatever name.

I'll be setting one up for myself later today to show as an example, though I'm not sure if I'll actually post to it much, if at all.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Skeeve
Example blog:

http://atheiststo...congruous/

Used the name of my old Blogger page.

Hypatia
Nice addition. I'm interested in having one for myself.

But I think you stole my theme:
"shitty writing from a shitty writer"

Smile

Skeeve
lol.

Just PM the Blog name, Admin name(or just Admin if you like) and I'll set a temporary password up which you can change later.

As you can see, I used my old blogger name and used Skeeve as the admin user. I may even keep it and pound the keys there occasionally.

It'll be tomorrow afternoon before I can get to it though, I have to go in and do monthly inventory in the morning.

eta: It's good to see the those strangers in the "members who have visited today". Hi derF, schmoo, willie and neil!

seeker
I'm going to be out of town for a couple of weeks but I might be interested when i return.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
Ok seeker, please refer to my last post and I'll be happy to set it up.

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:

lol.

Just PM the Blog name, Admin name(or just Admin if you like) and I'll set a temporary password up which you can change later.

As you can see, I used my old blogger name and used Skeeve as the admin user. I may even keep it and pound the keys there occasionally.

It'll be tomorrow afternoon before I can get to it though, I have to go in and do monthly inventory in the morning.

eta: It's good to see the those strangers in the "members who have visited today". Hi derF, schmoo, willie and neil!

Will do, thanks. It'll probably be a day or two before I can get to it.

Hi derF, schmoo, willie and neil!

Hi everyone!

Hypatia
Not so easy to think of a name as I thought it would be! Perhaps something that gives forewarning of rambling thoughts and copious digression would be appropriate...

Theory_Execution
I have nothing important to say on every subject!

Hypatia
Neither do I, but sometimes I feel like saying something. Whether anyone might find it interesting or worth reading is another matter.

Forum Admin Notice:
Double post deleted

Edited by Skeeve on 12/17/2012 10:42

seeker
I'm back from Switzerland and ready to blog
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Skeeve
PM me the name you'd like to use for the blog and what Admin name you'd like, whether it's just Admin or seeker.

the address will be oursite/blogs/<blognamehere>

I'll set a temporary password which you can change later. Also, you can reset the Admin email address as well, I'll set it to for the setup.

There are excellent Help links and a multitude of Themes and Widgets available to personalize each blog.

I'll send you a PM when it's available to login.

seeker
Cool, already sent you a PM. The will either be great fun or a great debacle and perhaps if I am lucky, both.

Skeeve
Hehe, once I send you your info, make sure to post back here with a link to it when it's set up. Smile

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:

lol.

*groan* I'm already having difficulties and don't see where I can PM you from there... help? Or do I have to register and be logged in before I can PM you there?

Hypatia
Well, I think I sent you a message there. Good luck to me, haha.

Skeeve
You can send me a PM here at AT.

eta: but I did see your comment on my blog. I'll try and set it up later today. Running around with errands for awhile this afternoon.
Edited by Skeeve on 12/22/2012 13:05

seeker
Let me know what you think

http://atheiststo.../InMyView/

Skeeve

Looks good seeker, I'm headed out the door, but will go back and read your first post later.

Remember, you can change the Theme and add other things in your Dashboard.

seeker
Skeeve wrote:

Looks good seeker, I'm headed out the door, but will go back and read your first post later.

Remember, you can change the Theme and add other things in your Dashboard.

I kept it kind of simple, just to get started.

Jump to Forum: