View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Where did Atheists.com go?
Scapegoat
Scapy from old boards here.

Quick question: WTF happened to A.com? I hadn't been on for a month or two when I decided to check up on it today, and to my horror all I find is some standard search-word driven advertise-page.

So I end up here, thank FSM for Google. Seems much of the old crew is here too.
What's new? What did I miss? Did you piss off MB so royally he shut the site down? Grin

Anyhow, glad I found you people again. Smut and sexual innuendo still welcome?

Cheers,
Scapegoat

Skeeve
Hey Scapegoat! Atheists.com was sold by the original owner without any notice. But as you can see, we landed on our feet.

Welcome!;hello;
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

neilmarr
Hey, Scape. Great to see you.

As Skeeve says, the old athiests.com site disappeared without a moment's notice and it's been tough tracking down the membership and inviting them here because there was no central record we could tap for email addresses and because, of course, the PM facility went by the board.

Thankfully, you used your nous to find AtheistsToday. If you are in touch with any of the old crew who haven't discovered our new sandpit yet, do let them know.

Looking forward, as awlays, to your posts, ol' pal.

Best wishes. Neil

Doubting Thomas
Do you think it might be a good idea for someone, say Skeeve and maybe a couple other administrators, to keep a list of user's email addresses on file (confidentially, of course) in case this site goes down permanently?
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

RayvenAlandria
Yes, we should compile an email list for emergencies.

BTW, welcome Scapegoat. I'm glad you were able to find us.

seeker
Welcome scapegoat.

Hypatia
Hi ya Scapegoat! Good to 'see' you again, and glad you found us.

;hello;

derF
Good work, scapegoat, and welcome back into the fold. We lost a lot of good members when A.com dropped the axe on us and this is actually the second reincarnation since then. Luckily atheists are used to thinking for themselves and many of them are slowly finding their way to our newest, new site.

So glad you are back ! !
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
scapegoat: Glad to see that you found us! I will make an offering to the FSM.

derF: Your double post was removed by me. I checked to be certain they were identical. No charge, it's a free service.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

willie
Glad to see you Scapegoat. ;headbang;

General-Pryce
catman wrote:

derF: Your double post was removed by me. I checked to be certain they were identical. No charge, it's a free service.Wink

But I liked derFs double posting Grin

catman
I'm sorry. You can't please everyone.

Atheists.com went to that big nothing in the sky.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: