Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Getting ready to move
Skeeve
I've been quite busy lately, and will probably be busy the rest of the month, getting everything ready to move to Kentucky. Hopefully, once I'm settled in, I'll be able to spend more time on the internet. Smile
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

JohnH
Odd, my moving van arrives tomorrow. No state change but back to Marin Co. CA. You may assume that there will be much bitching about the self absorbed people there. It is also where my wife and closest friend live so in some ways it will be much better for me.

seeker
I'm not sure that people in Marin county are any more self absorbed that anywhere else. These days it seems that self-absorption is the American National Pastime.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:

I've been quite busy lately, and will probably be busy the rest of the month, getting everything ready to move to Kentucky. Hopefully, once I'm settled in, I'll be able to spend more time on the internet. Smile

*thumbs up* That's terrific.

We're in the (involved) process of relocating to either the Portland, OR area or the Vancouver, WA area. We want to find a smallish town on the outskirts, somewhat rural if possible, and as similar to what we have now, i.e. small and quiet. The landscape here is really pretty, but I won't feel one bit bad about saying goodbye to North Carolina.

Skeeve
As of 2am earlier this morning, I'm a faux Kentuckian.

schmoo
Skeeve! How is Kentucky treating you? Hope you get settled in well.

Skeeve
Settled in just fine and loving every minute. Working about 10hrs a day in the feed store and Greyhound station and also helping take care of about a dozen feeder calves and six bottle calves.

No time for much internet, though I do check Facebook w/ my phone a few times a day.

Another month or so, I'll probably have my schedule worked out where I can spend more time at the computer.

Theory_Execution
You need to get yourself mobile Skeeve!

www.w3.org/2006/Talks/0404-sb-ctia-mwi/BulkyMobileComputing.png

Skeeve
lol

Hypatia
Skeeve wrote:

Settled in just fine and loving every minute. Working about 10hrs a day in the feed store and Greyhound station and also helping take care of about a dozen feeder calves and six bottle calves.

No time for much internet, though I do check Facebook w/ my phone a few times a day.

Another month or so, I'll probably have my schedule worked out where I can spend more time at the computer.

Glad to hear it. Sounds like you're enjoying the change and new jobs, but you do have a lot on your plate, don't you? Juggling a full plate isn't a bad thing, at least not always or necessarily so, and better to be busy juggling the work schedule than a job hunting schedule any day. Hope you continue to have many years of continued enjoyment in your new home Skeeve.

Hypatia
I do entirely way too much FBing - I keep looking for the 'like' button here.

Looking at the photo T_E posted is making my back ache though - ow.

Jump to Forum: