Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Mental Health
Hypatia
I wanted to share this video of a TED Talk by a woman discussing schizophrenia that I found very interesting. I'm greatly concerned about the ability - or lack thereof - for people to obtain help when they need it in the US.

For me, this issue greatly ties into the one on 'gun control', but is in and of itself, by itself, something we sorely need to address. As far as the 'gun control' thing goes - I think we need to call that something else and approach it from entirely different perspectives than we currently come from. My own stance is that I have no desire to 'take away' anyone's guns or deny our right to bear arms. I do, however, feel that the average citizen has no business possessing assault weapons. That is only my opinion, but in any case, I think we need to let go of our emotional attachments to our arguments and the way we latch onto our 'rights' instead of having productive conversations about what solutions ARE possible and in the best interest of ALL in the face of the current level of violence we're seeing.

http://www.upwort...y-2?c=ufb1

seeker
Unfortunately the gun lobby stil has tons of money with which to bribe lawmakers.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: