Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Atheists Today » Religion » Mormonism
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Mormons and Missionaries
Hypatia
A rather interesting article about Mormons that I don't find all too surprising.

http://news.msn.c...ionaries-1

You start to recognize how ridiculous it is to put people’s eternal salvation in the hands of 19-year-olds who are viewing it as a competition of who can baptize more people.”

Skeeve
Thanks for the link, Hypatia. It's always good to read stories with happy endings. Smile
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
funny, I just had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses (almost typed witlesses) at my house yesterday. That quote suits them just as well.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Hypatia
DW Adams wrote:

Thanks for the link, Hypatia. It's always good to read stories with happy endings. Smile

i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/beadbum1/3Stoog_zps823bfb4c.jpg dahlink!

Hypatia
seeker wrote:

funny, I just had a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses (almost typed witlesses) at my house yesterday. That quote suits them just as well.

"witlesses" - lol.

We know there are plenty of believers who seriously question faith lurking in all of religion, but what an awful lot of pressure these poor folks seem to be under.

"Quotas for Jaysus". I do sort of feel for them - many of us have been there in some way or another. I shudder to think how important it once was to me to pretend and live as if I still believed, all because of the dread of dealing with the fallout of my family. And then, for a long time, I regretted that it took me so long to have the strength to face it, the wasted time trying to please everyone but myself. It took a long time, but thank goodness I was finally able to let that go.

Hypatia
I hope that image isn't too big and taking up too much space. It's been so long since I've posted images here I forgot I might need to resize it. If so, just give the word and I'll take care of it.

seeker
I guess I'm lucky. I never felt that pressure to agree with my family when it came to religion. My parents were the type that went to church rarely and really only gave lip service to religion so my atheism never seemed to bother them.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Jump to Forum: