View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » Funny Zone
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Remember When...
Hypatia
I have all my hair on top and still get a sunburned scalp if in the sun too long without some kind of protection - hat, shade, etc.

I hate it when my scalp peels after having had a sunburn - of course it looks like dandruff. Ack.

Black hair. Flakes. Attractive - NOT.

Photon
The sun is my nemesis. I hates it. It might have contributed to my tendency to stay up all night and sleep all day. At least, I'll blame the sun for that anyway.

willie
Move to the UK.

neilmarr
There's a saying down here in the south of France: 'A day without sunshine is like a meal without wine' (and vice versa, of course).

I agree.

Another saying I came across a while ago in a book about Africa is attributed to a small tribe in a remote region: 'A man cannot grow taller than the hair on his head.'

I disagree.

Neil

derF
According to Steve Martin. (an American comedian, actor, musician and writer) "A day without sunshine is like . . . . night!
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Doubting Thomas
I heard that on a Cheech & Chong album.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Hypatia
It's funny - whoever said it first.

Who was it that quarried 'What is the speed of dark'? or is it 'Does dark have a speed'?

That cracks me up.

derF
There was a baseball player, here in America obviously, who was famous for his speed and ability to steal bases. (Non Americans unfamiliar with baseball contact me and I will expound.) It was reported that he was so fast that when he retired for the evening he could turn the lights out and be in bed before the room got dark.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
Hypatia: It was me. I like that one too! It is "What is the speed of dark?". I still smile when I think of it.

derF: That reminds me of Blazing Saddles and the 'Waco Kid', who drew his guns so fast you couldn't see the motion.
Edited by catman on 09/21/2008 02:02
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
This thread is so funny :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not even 50, yet, and my boobs are starting to hang low.

When I was 20 my then b/f used to say he'll never sit and flush :lol: unless he.... well I'm sure you guys know.

It's not fun getting those 2 or 3 strands of face/neckhair and they stick out like sore thumbs. Never pull a hair or you get 2-3 more back in it's place Shock

Hypatia
Swing low
Sweet harriot

Grin

Jump to Forum: