View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Richard Dawkins- The Genius of Charles Darwin
General-Pryce
We talked about this before, I think it was on Cheshire Dragons Athiets Alliance. It was shown on British TV a few weeks back. I've just found it on Google Video, I'm not sure if anyone's posted it yet so sorry if it's a re-post. There are three episodes:

Episode 1:
http://video.goog...2910215458

Episode 2:
http://video.goog...3685674743

Episode 3:
http://video.goog...7063909484

Hmm I thought I made them clicky but doesn't seem to have worked. So copy and paste the address but remove the [url] [\url] things either side of it.

EDIT: I re-posted episode 2 as I'd accidentally posted episode 1 twice.

*edit*
fixed links (also added to our Video section)
Edited by Skeeve on 09/24/2008 17:15

Skeeve
I think those are search links, which work with browsers, but not our linking setup. The actual link would be on the page for each video. If I have some time here at work, I'll try and get the links working for you.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Skeeve
And I'll add them to our Video page as well. Just post a link or request if you find any embedded media you think would be appropriate for the site and I'll be happy to add it to the Video section.

Skeeve
done and done

General-Pryce
Cheers mate. They're really good docs. I know very little baout the actual process of evolution and I learnt quite a bit from these.

neilmarr
Many thanks for those links (and bad cess on you for making me nearly three hours late for work -- I'll suffer for that at the other end of the day).

An excellent trilogy of 50-minute documentaries that, though producing little that most of us don't already know, lays the evidence bare so clearly and without frills.

Nobody, I think, could fail to be disturbed by 'act three' in which the blinkered creationists and school-level sceince-teaching running scared of upsetting the multi-cultural applecart have their say. Their words are so hollow that they echo and boom like empty barrels rolling down a cobbled street.

Highly recommended when you have a little time. Thanks again GP and Skeeve for another valuable contribution to our debate here.

Best wishes. Neil

willie
I agree, a great series. However, I found myself, despite my instincts, rather impressed with the stance of the science teachers. I didn't get the impression they were running scared, I think they were on the whole being pragmatic.

neilmarr
Can't help but be impressed by the stance of a Head of Religious Studies at a major British comprehensive school, Willie, who stressed her ahteism, as compared to those science class wimps, who should know better and stand up for the truth. They are, like 'moderate' theists, actually conspirators in a dastardly plot to udermine enlightenment. Neil

Jump to Forum: