View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » Education
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Show us your stuff!
RayvenAlandria
Whatever it is you do well, be it gardening or building jet engines, showcase your talents here. Because learning new stuff is fun!

Solidsquid
I may toss out some written stuff if I can dig it up. I have some old stuff laying around here somewhere.

catman
The problem is that most of the stuff I'm interested in would bore everyone to tears. Or, worse, irritate them.Sad

Squid, what kind of written material are you referring to?
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

neilmarr
Would love to see some more of your essays, Squid. They're always fascinating. I think Skeeve's inviting articles.

Remember that 'Interview with An Atheist' piece we all put our heads together on some time ago as a reference point for visiting theists? Think that has a place here? I can easily adjust it to be AtheistsToday-specific.

Cheers. Neil
Edited by neilmarr on 08/07/2008 02:14

seeker
Bring it in Neil, I'll make a sticky of it

catman
That sounds like a great idea to me. It might take the place of the nascent FAQ section, depending upon what sort of information it will contain.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

schmoo
Catman-most of the things that interest me greatly are also far too mundane for most of the folks here.

neilmarr
Thanks, Seeker and Cat: I re-jigged the piece yesterday to make it specific to AtheistsToday, added a couple of paragraphs and submitted it as a Word attachment to Skeeve's email address, hoping it might be handy for the articles page or (as Cat suggests) a basic FAQ. Not sure how we should go about this yet, though, so this was probably not the system I should have used. Any ideas? Cheers. Neil

PS: I have a copy on file here if the one I sent to Skeeve has gone AWOL. And maybe -- as a courtesy to members here who've not seen it before -- we should post it temporarily for a few days to see if there are any suggestions for adjustment. It's suppost to represent a fairly general view, after all, if not exactly a consensus. N

Skeeve
Posted under Articles Cool
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

neilmarr
Thnks, Skeeve. Great stuff. Cheers. Neil

FreakMeow
I love taking photographs.Maybe I'll share some

catman
Skeeve: Great. I'll go look under Articles.

Solidsquid
Squid, what kind of written material are you referring to?

Totally missed this earlier...sorry.

Some stuff I posted on the old site - a paper on Tourettes, neurobiology of love, and hell, if anyone's interested I still have some Q&A stuff I wrote for my developmental neuroscience class.

neilmarr
I remember some of those, Squid. Excellent stuff. I think you can auto-post them to the Articles page here. Cheers. Neil

Jump to Forum: