View Thread

Print Thread
Hello from Tulsa
Bob of QF
Hello, I new to (mostly) Atheist format forums, I typically hang out over in Topix under the monkier of "Bob of Quantum-Faith".

It's a cutsy way of saying I'm an agnostic, and less antagonistic that what I started out with, which was "Bob the Unbeliever". Grin

Although I'm agnostic with regards to the general concept of god, I'm atheist with regards to gods as described by "holy" literature.

Especially if that literature is taken literally by it's followers--including the bible.

As Dawkins said, "we are both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you do."

And, "If god does exist, I think that god would be beyond anything anyone has ever imagined."

It's kinda cool to get in on the ground floor of something.

Here's hoping the discussions will be as lively as they are deep. Wink

*raises a stein in a toast to all*

Skeeve
Welcome Bob, salute!
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
Welcome, I think you'll like what you find here

RayvenAlandria
Hey Bob! Are the Bob from my local Atheist meetup group?

Bob of QF
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Hey Bob! Are the Bob from my local Atheist meetup group?

I are be that bob. Arrr. Grin

RayvenAlandria
Cool glad ya made it. Maybe some of our other Meetup people will mosey on over.

Is that how you spell "mosey"? I have no idea!
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 08/04/2008 23:48

Skeeve
moˇsey (mz)
intr.v. moˇseyed, moˇseyˇing, moˇseys Informal
1. To move in a leisurely, relaxed way; saunter: moseyed over to the club after lunch.
2. To get going; move along.

You are correct! ding, ding, ding...Now, our next category...Grin

catman
Bob of QF: Glad to meet you on the boards here.

neilmarr
Hello Bob (sounds like you've just stood up in front of the group and admitted something shameful, eh?). Good to have your company. Best wishes. Neil

TheMrs
Hello Bob - Nice to "meet" you. Smile

JDHURF
Hello from another Tulsan.

[img]http://www.atheists.org/images/headerLogo.png[/img]

seeker
About time you made it JD

JDHURF
Thanks seeker, thank skeeve. Skeeve alerted me to this site through my blog and, subsequently, through his blog, made me aware of what had actually happened to the old site (apparently major bytes sold it to some people in Turkey); I had been wondering, I thought perhaps some religious hackers had attacked the site or something.

Everyone who worked on this new site has done a really good job, it looks great!

Skeeve
JDHURF is in da house! Glad too see you made it bro... I think Oklahoma is the majority on this site now. Grin

seeker
Give Skeeve and Rayven the credit, they really did a beautiful job.

catman
Hello, JD, welcome to the site. You're right, seeker, Skeeve and Rayven deserve all the credit. Thanks, y'all!
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

neilmarr
Hi JD. With all due respect to MajorBytes, he seems to have been caught as unawares as the rest of us by the atheists.com sale to Turkey. He popped into the new AtheistAlliance site to explain that it was sold from under him by the actual owners of the domain. Good to see you. Cheers. Neil

RayvenAlandria
Hi JDHurf, welcome to our site. Are you a member of our local meetup? We get together a couple times a month.

Hey guys, we need to give the credit to Skeeve, he put all of this together. All I did was make a few forums and spread the word about the new site a little. He did a lot of work to put this together for us. He deserves all the kudos.

...although if someone offered me a chocolate bar as a reward I wouldn't turn it down. Pfft

JDHURF
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Hi JDHurf, welcome to our site. Are you a member of our local meetup? We get together a couple times a month.

I was unaware of it until now. I had heard of the Tulsa Humanist group, but have never checked it out. I'll have to check out the atheist group, looks like yall have more members than the humanist group, though my time is rather constrained at the moment, with work and school.

JDHURF
neilmarr wrote:
Hi JD. With all due respect to MajorBytes, he seems to have been caught as unawares as the rest of us by the atheists.com sale to Turkey. He popped into the new AtheistAlliance site to explain that it was sold from under him by the actual owners of the domain. Good to see you. Cheers. Neil

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I feel better now knowing that majorbytes didn't sell the site behind everyone's backs; that, rather, someone else sold the domain behind his back...he didn't seem like the type to do such a thing to me.

Jump to Forum: