View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Awww, Geeeeze!
derF
That's right, after having been absent for so long that some here were beginning to nurture hopes that they had seen the last of him, he's back!!!!! Nine days cruising to Mexico in some big assed cruise ship. Tough duty but someone has to do it! Got a lot of catching up to do here but I'll do my best. Be yakking at ya soon.

derF
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Sinny
Nine days cruisin on a ship sounds good to me but only if it's for vacation. Not work or actually having to do anything. Have fun see ya soon. *waves*

derF
Sinny wrote:
Nine days cruisin on a ship sounds good to me but only if it's for vacation. Not work or actually having to do anything. Have fun see ya soon. *waves*

Uh, I am back from the cruise Sinny. Guess you didn't miss me none, huh? Hee, hee hee.

Hypatia
I thought the echos had died down to dull thuds. Wink

Wow, a cruise. In Mexico.

So how was it derF? Hope you and Suzanne had an awesome time, had lots of R & R & R (rest, relaxing, and romping Grin ), and did ya get a tan?

seeker
Cruises are great. Hopefully you had a really good time. Glad to see you back.

Doubting Thomas
My wife & I are going on one in November.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

willie
Was it a hop on and off type criuse, derf? Or was the boat the main thing?

derF
It was a seven day cruise to Mexican Riviera with stops in Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. It was a lot of fun but the cruise company (Norwegian Cruise Lines) really takes advantage of the fact that they have you trapped on board for long periods of time. The entertainment and buffet style meals are free but everything else is a gouge. Booze is like $8.00 a drink, bottled water is $5.00 per and they even rip your head off to use the internet. Hence me waiting till I got back home. If you want to eat fancy, such as the upscale steak house restaurant of Mexican fare or sushi you have to pay an extra cover charge. Of course the ports of call are affordable but you can't bring any booze into you cabin. It is confiscated at the gangplank and returned to you after the cruise. By all means go but plan not to bankrupt yourself with all the sneaky on board charges waiting for you.

P.S. Weather was good till last day when a tropical storm blew in to Puerto Vallarta. We managed to out run it at sea but the seas were much rougher for the return leg than for the trip down. And yes I did manage to get a little sun and tan while there.

Edited to add P.S. (Had to have some reason.)
Edited by derF on 10/13/2008 19:36

Sinny
Sorry Derf guess I didn't notice since you posted Sept. 28,30. Oct 1, 2, 3,4,7,8. you only missed 4 days. I haven't seen any other posts referencing your cruise except this one. So I'm a little confused since you said got a lot of catching up to do here ....be yakking at ya soon. I thought you meant you will be yakking soon when you get back. How come you didn't post when you got back until now or maybe you did and I missed them but still this post is dated Oct. 13 so now I am really confused. I need a drink dammit and chocolate.

Ok Welcome Back derF Smile

Oh well glad you enjoyed your cruise anyways. Last time I took a cruise we did free style. All the food was free including deserts. But the drinks, bottled water and of course excursions were separate. Because of the storm they had bbq at the pool the last few nights.

Well derF I do remember you saying you were going away but that was a long time ago, I thought it was.

catman
I always need a drink and/or chocolate, whether derF is around here or not. Sinny, you only say it was a long time ago because you're young.Wink Welcome back, derF. I didn't even know you were gone.

Not edited at all.Smile
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

derF
It is all for naught. Just throwing stuff out there to converse about. Thanks Cat and sorry to confuse you Sinny, (I still love ya, kid.) Anyway, on to the next topic!

Doubting Thomas
That's about typical for cruise ships, though. Your meals are free, but your drinks (including sodas) are expensive. That's not to say that we haven't sneaked alcohol on board before. My favorite way is to get a couple of small bottles of cheap mouthwash, pour out the mouthwash, clean the bottles out well & let them air out, then fill them with whiskey or spiced rum.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Jump to Forum: