Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » T.V. Shows
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Fringe
Nails3Jesus0
Anyone seen it? What do you think? A bit like x-files with more humor.

Skeeve
I've been watching it since the season premiere. So far, so good. Not bad science fiction.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Bob of QF
Alas, like most stuff on TV, the "physics" and "biology" and other "science-y" stuff is....Hollywood.

But, if you can suspend (as usual) your disbelief enough, it's pretty good. I expect it to ripen and get better. Anyone remember the first season of X-files? Not that good...but it got better. (after being turned into a newt, how could it not? <heh> )

Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Sinny
I never heard of Fringe. What station and day is it on?

Nails3Jesus0
Fox, Tuesday nights.

Nails3Jesus0
Skeeve wrote:
I've been watching it since the season premiere. So far, so good. Not bad science fiction.

I get a kick out of the old man. Yes, the science stuff is out there, but the story lines so far are entertaining. I set the old DVR to record automaticlly whenever it comes on. And I rarely ever do that.

Skeeve
I'm really irritated that my three favorite weekly shows are on Fox. I'm a big fan of House, Bones and Terminator, and now I'll add Fringe to make four.

How can they reconcile Fox network programming (esp. The Simpsons) with Fox News? Seems highly incongruous.

derF
I'm afraid I don't get involved in too many T V series anymore. Used to watch the Simpsons a lot but not anymore. I liked Futurama but it got canceled. Battlestar Galactica was well done but it too has run its gamut. Bout the only thing we watch constantly any more is the evening news, Dancing With the Stars and So You Think You Can Dance. Must have something to do with my love of theatre and an affinity for musicals.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
I like Fringe. It's a good show with creepiness (in a good way). Fox and CBS have the best shows lately.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Nails3Jesus0
Ironicly, the worst network for sci-fi is the sci-fi channel. Their new series Sanctuary is so bad it's embarassing.

Skeeve
I knew they jumped the shark when they started showing Ghost Hunters.

Bob of QF
Skeeve wrote:
I'm really irritated that my three favorite weekly shows are on Fox. I'm a big fan of House, Bones and Terminator, and now I'll add Fringe to make four.

How can they reconcile Fox network programming (esp. The Simpsons) with Fox News? Seems highly incongruous.

Ha! My DVR records all episodes of Bones (including the re-runs on TNT--sometimes they show an old episode from season 1, which I've not seen, otherwise, I check & delete). Dr Brennin is too cool...and an unapologetic atheist, too.

I like Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles, too. I like the exploration (on the side) of what it means to be human the show sometimes delves into.

Simpsons are amusing, especially the annual Halloween Specials.

The only inconsistency is that I never watched a single episode of House. I'm not much for medical shows.

On the other hand, I consider Sanctuary (so far) on par with Fringe myself. Both feature "science-y" bits that make you have to suspend disbelief to get past the writing-- sometimes to the point of, "wait! What?" out loud.

*sigh*

When all they really would need to do is hire a high school science geek (probably for nothing more expensive than bragging rights and screen credits, too...) to vet their "physics" "chemistry" and "biology". Would be a snap, really.....

*sigh*
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
I really like House (a different kind of medical show!), Bones (Dr Brennan is way cool) and Fringe. I like Terminator too, but I don't often watch it because it conflicts with another show that I like.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: