Forum Quick View Panel

View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » T.V. Shows
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
little britain.
willie
I've now watched 2 and 1/3 episodes of Little Britain USA... and would like to say sorry to all my American friends. I'm fairly certain it wasn't this shit when it first came out.

Theory_Execution
Im not a fan of the US versions of British shows.

General-Pryce
The worrying thing about this, is it's not a US remake, it's new episodes set in the US with Lucas and Walliams. It's not like most other US remakes (Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers) that are total remakes which butcher the show, this is an example of two original, talented writers/ actors who have allowed money and fame to go to their heads and have sold their artistic souls.

derF
Theory_Execution wrote:
Im not a fan of the US versions of British shows.

I agree T E. The damn American versions always go way over the top. How come the British can make intelligent, entertaining well written movies without resorting to over paid mega stars and way too much action and violence? My fellow Americans we is not wrapped tight.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Skeeve
Little Britain (UK) was hilarious, I haven't seen the US based show.

I guess that's a good thing, considering the OP.

Also, I don't remember this thread at all.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Theory_Execution
Were not playing Pokemon here Skeeve - 'Gotta catch em all'.

I have since watched some of them, it includes near the same characters, but they have thrown in the odd American stereotype.

cheshiredragon
Same goes for the Australian version of Wilfred. Even though that is where the show originated from, the American version is MUCH better than the original.
That's right, I said it...

Theory_Execution
Nooooo Chesh, you got it the wrong way round, the Americans ruin shows. Then again, the only thing I used to watch that came out of Australia was Neighbours - I was a young horny teen with no high-speed internet acess.

cheshiredragon
I'll agree that Americans ruin shows. There is no doubt about that, but Wilfred is verified by many as Australian version = shit, American version = kewl.

Brings back memories from when I was a teen of late night PBS: Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Getting Served, Mr. Bean and Red Planet. Awesome shows Smile
That's right, I said it...

catman
Keeping Up Appearances is still on PBS here. I often watch it. It's a very funny show.

Jump to Forum: