View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » Election 2008 (US)
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Skinheads plot to kill Obama and many others
Sinny
I'm not surprised.

Feds disrupt skinhead plot to assassinate Obama
By LARA JAKES JORDAN 3 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) Federal agents have broken up a plot by two neo-Nazi skinheads to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 102 black people, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives said Monday.

In court records unsealed Monday in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn., federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school in a murder spree that was to begin in Tennessee. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of ATF's Nashville field office, said the two men planned to shoot 88 black people and decapitate another 14. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The men also sought to go on a national killing spree after the Tennessee murders, with Obama as its final target, Cavanaugh told The Associated Press.

"They said that would be their last, final act that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."

An Obama spokeswoman traveling with the senator in Pennsylvania had no immediate comment.

The men, Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tenn., and Paul Schlesselman 18, of West Helena, Ark., are being held without bond. Agents seized a rifle, a sawed-off shotgun and three pistols from the men when they were arrested. Authorities alleged the two men were preparing to break into a gun shop to steal more.

Attorney Joe Byrd, who has been hired to represent Cowart, did not immediately return a call seeking comment Monday.

Cowart and Schlesselman are charged with possessing an unregistered firearm, conspiring to steal firearms from a federally licensed gun dealer, and threatening a candidate for president.

The investigation is continuing, and more charges are possible, Cavanaugh said.

The court records say Cowart and Schlesselman also bought nylon rope and ski masks to use in a robbery or home invasion to fund their spree, during which they allegedly planned to go from state to state and kill people.

For the Obama plot, the legal documents show, Cowart and Schlesselman "planned to drive their vehicle as fast as they could toward Obama shooting at him from the windows."

"Both individuals stated they would dress in all white tuxedos and wear top hats during the assassination attempt," the court complaint states. "Both individuals further stated they knew they would and were willing to die during this attempt."

Cavanaugh said there's no evidence so far that others were willing to assist Cowart and Schlesselman with the plot.

He said authorities took the threats very seriously.

"They seemed determined to do it," Cavanaugh said. "Even if they were just to try it, it would be a trail of tears around the South."

http://ap.google....AD94330J00
Edited by Sinny on 10/27/2008 20:14

derF
Yeah, I heard about these idiots on the evening news tonight. It appears these two didn't have enough brains between them to find their asses with both hands. I understand they had intended to rob some houses and gun shows for the money and weapons they thought they needed and they bungled their very first house robbery.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Sinny
I'm glad their plot was foiled derF. I shudder to think if they had a half an ounce of a squirrels brains between the two of them the bloodshed, agonizing pain and mourning they would have caused.

What the hell is wrong with people! I'm not surprised Obama was on the list but am surprised an attempt hasn't been on his life by now. I hope he has extra security when he gets elected, um, hopefully elected.

Sinny
Oh yeah and I meant to ask about this:

The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

I have never heard of that before...what does it mean to them? anybody know? and aren't white supremacist's christian or has that changed over time?

Skeeve
http://www.urband...rm=14%2F88

http://en.wikiped...teen_Words

http://www.adl.or..._14-88.asp
Edited by Skeeve on 10/27/2008 22:25
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

derF
Thanks for the links, keeper of the base. Much appreciated.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
Yes, I wondered about the significance of those numbers too. Thanks, Skeeve.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Hypatia
I've figured it's only a matter of time before someone tries something like this, and still is. Obama is going to be even more of a target than McCain, for obvious reasons.

Sinny
thanks Skeeve that explains a lot. After reading the sites I went into google and looked up david lane. Found 1 of 3 vids on Youtube.

http://www.youtub...hMn8pa7sNM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/VhMn8pa7sNM&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

How do you get the video to show on the posts Skeeve?
Edited by seeker on 10/28/2008 15:05

Skeeve
There is a post with instructions in the Members Area. Basically you use the YouTube button then paste part of the embed code between the brackets.

all you need is the part that starts "http" and ends at "=1", you can delete the rest of the code.

Sinny
Um what youtube button?

Skeeve
When you start a thread, it shows up below with the rest of the buttons, url, mail, img, quote, etc...

Basically, it is Youtube and /Youtube with brackets

RayvenAlandria
My husband told me about this last night. I have the flu and have been lying in bed feeling like death so I have not been watching the news. (for some reason I've been watching frivolous stuff like cartoons for days, don't ask me why.) I had no idea about it until he told me. I am not the least bit surprised by this, in fact, I expected skinheads to attempt to kill Obama.

IMO, these guys are idiots who don't have the intelligence to actually pull an assasination off. (although they could easily go kill a bunch of children at school or in the general public). I am glad they were caught before they did anything.

What I am really afraid of are the racists who are better organized and well funded. A couple of yokels wouldn't be able to get through security, but an organized terrorist organization would be. They have connections and get what they need without ever tipping off the authorities. I do fear Obama will be assassinated. I hope the government realizes that and has taken precautions.

I also wonder if certain factions of the government would assassinate him and blame it on the KKK. Yeah, I know, it's a conspiracy theory, but I do wonder.

Sinny
RayonAlandria Sheesh the flu that is the pits, I hope you feel better soon. Rest easy and keep watching cartoons when you're not passed out. Cartoons are great for when your sick even old TV land programs. Sometimes they can in a way remind us of when we were children being taken care of when we were sick. They are easy to watch because you don't have to think to watch them, nothing serious and are funny. Laughter can be great medicine to help put you in a better mood when you're ready. When you can eat try soft boiled eggs if you like eggs and dry toast and top off with ginger ale, mix that to get the seltzer out. Just a suggestion if you don't mind. Ok mommy mode is off for now. I hope hubby get the kids to clean up the house for you as a surprise and a bell wouldn't hurt for your needs too. I know I' m pushing it. Smile

I thought about that too with the gov't asassinating him and blaming the KKK or allowing the KKK to have access to him. I'm Obama is makeing plans to be well protected and his wife too. I figure if Bush hasn't been assassinated by now then security might be pretty good. I remember reading about how the government does keep tabs on KKK leaders. I forget the main leaders name now that was considered a threat to society and they really went after him. He not only runs the KKK but also give's it a different name and lures teenagers in on the internet. He has been teaching them to stop being obvious and start blending in. Many now are in business suits and don't go and vandalize people just for fun like skinheads do. He is much more organized. So I know what you mean and agree they are the real threat. It's not really conspiracy thinking unless we say it's actually happening and more involved right now we just put the thought wondering if it could or would be done.

The only thing that surprised me about this is that it took this long for them to plan to try it.

Sinny
Skeeve wrote:
When you start a thread, it shows up below with the rest of the buttons, url, mail, img, quote, etc...

Basically, it is Youtube and /Youtube with brackets

Oh Duh Me. I just clicked 'new thread' and saw the youtube button. Ok I just used up my knucklehead card for the year. (slaps forehead)

catman
That's okay. It's almost November, so the year is almost over. The you'll get a brand new knucklehead card. Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
Two more months to go, kewl [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/13.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

Jump to Forum: