View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » Election 2008 (US)
 Print Thread
Election Poll
JDHURF
I don't mind not having an auto-return-to-thread after posting deal because even where they exist I always hit the button to make it go faster anyways, which is just like hitting the return to thread button here; no big difference to me.

Goddamn Colombians. When they're not murdering union leaders and their families or workers, or peasants, or indigenous people being ran out of the jungle, or protesters and so on, they're burning dozens of horses in Spain. That's unreal. Although I don't believe Obama has the ability to outlaw bullfighting in Spain. He could exert some influence, but I don't see that happening; he's just got too much to deal with: economic crisis, energy crisis, two wars, problems with Iran, Syria, Israel-Palestine, Pakistan and so on.
[img]http://www.atheists.org/images/headerLogo.png[/img]

seeker
It looks like Obama will have so much on his plate just trying to reverse the 'Bush Legacy' that I wonder how much attention he'll be able to pay to things like bullfighting.

comfortable
Thanks!

(scampers away through the underbrush, desperately seeking the "Latest Active Forum Threads" button.)
The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Men are sheep in credulity, but wolves for conformity.

Skeeve
The 20 line table in the middle of the front page is the 'Latest Active Forum Threads', the links at the bottom of that are what I was referring to. Smile
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Bob of QF
seeker wrote:
It looks like Obama will have so much on his plate just trying to reverse the 'Bush Legacy' that I wonder how much attention he'll be able to pay to things like bullfighting.

And I think that was Bush's plan all along, or at least his handler's.

They admitted that they knew the economic crisis was forming.

They admitted that they had not planned on doing anything about it-- where they screwed up, was that it crashed a wee bit too soon. I think they planned on it hitting the next administration firmly in the balls.

That it crashed right before the election was a miscalculation, I think.

Be that as it may, it will take Obama at least 4 years to reverse the crap that Bushya has done.

Hopefully, starting with restoring the Rule Of Law under the Constitution. (and repealing or severely modifying Homeland [un]Security Act)

A return to using the FISA for domestic spying. (as per the Rule Of Law).

A repeal of the welfare for the rich/corporations. (clearly, trickle-down economics does NOT work worth a damn. )

On and on.

Oh! the most important of all: totally gutting Bushy's unconstitutional "faith based initiatives". The most simple and effective method of doing that, is what Reagon did with regards to the meat inspectors: do not finance it. It will wither and die on the vine, without anyone actually declaring "this is dead".
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

seeker
Bob of QF wrote:

That it crashed right before the election was a miscalculation, I think.

Funny thing about that. I wonder if the crash happened as it was calculated too but just didn't get the result that was expected.

The timing of it, just before the debates, would have been perfect if McCain could have pulled off the perception of his being in charge a little better. I think the original plan was for McCain to march in, rally the Republicans and quickly pass the Bush proposal before anyone could really ask questions. When the democrats balked initially it gave house Republicans time to think about it, McCain lost controlof the issue and ended up looking like a chump while Obama just stayed quiet.

Had McCain's gambit worked he could have stolen Obama's advantage on economic issues and possibly cruised to the win. When it backfired McCain ended up looking like he was grandstanding and ultimately began his slide in the polls.

comfortable
....I'll admit that he did come of as 'grandstanding' - especially with that 'suspending my campaign' crap, which didn't even last 48 hours.

What a maroon.
The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Men are sheep in credulity, but wolves for conformity.

Cynic
JDHURF wrote:
I'm very happy to hear that you voted for Obama Cynic, it's really nice to know that.

I'm not sure how to take that. Wink

JDHURF
Cynic wrote:
JDHURF wrote:
I'm very happy to hear that you voted for Obama Cynic, it's really nice to know that.

I'm not sure how to take that. Wink

Take it as fraternal solidarity. Grin
[img]http://www.atheists.org/images/headerLogo.png[/img]

seeker
Whatever you do Cynic don't take it as, "You mean you are sane!!! Who knew?"

GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Jump to Forum: