View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » Election 2008 (US)
 Print Thread
Three Cheers for Sarah Palin ... hip-hip ...
neilmarr
Hooray for Sarah Palin:

Seems she's the best running-mate Obama could ever have hoped for -- on the Republican ticket.

Today's New York Times/CBS poll suggests that the Half-baked Alaskan has ruined any chance John McCain might have had and are deserting in droves to Obama's side.

***All told, 59 percent of voters surveyed said Ms. Palin was not prepared for the job, up nine percentage points since the beginning of the month. Nearly a third of voters polled said the vice-presidential selection would be a major factor influencing their vote for president, and those voters broadly favor Senator Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee.***

[url]The story's here: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/us/politics/31poll.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin[/url]

Cheers. Neil

Cynic
Those stats are so close to the break down of McCain vs. Obama supporters that I'm inclined to dismiss them. While people should determine if she's qualified and then decide who they're voting for, I'm afraid that for most, they determine who they're voting for and then convince themselves that their choice is qualified so they can sleep at night.

seeker
CNN pointed out that the 35% of respondants in that poll who thought Palin was prepared to be President pretty much represents the Republican base. I think its fair to say that Dems and independants are pretty unanimous in their dismissal of Palin as a serious candidate.

cheshiredragon
Yeah, and I think people are worried that since McCain is so old he might die in office and then she would complete his term. IF I was an active republican voter, I'd vote for Obama cause i would not want her to be president. I am not against a woman president...just her.
That's right, I said it...

Cynic
I think Amy Pohler (as Hillary Clinton) summed it nicely -- I didn't want a woman to be president; I wanted to be president, and I just happen to be a woman.

cheshiredragon
Exactly, of course I have not watched SNL in ages, well over 2yrs. The new cast just sucks ass. There are only like 4 of them that are actually worth watching. Even though Mad TV is pre-recorded I find the sketches much funnier.
That's right, I said it...

catman
The only parts of SNL worth watching, as a rule, are the opening monologue and the Weekend Update. Occasionally more of the show is funny, but it's very hit and miss. The band is good, although I can't stand to look at the guitar player.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: