View Thread

Atheists Today » Religion » Islam
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Rape Victim (13) Stoned to Death for Adultery
neilmarr
A thirteen-year-old girl who complained of rape by three men was stoned to death this week for 'adultery':

http://edition.cn...index.html

"Calls to Somali government officials and the local administration in Kismayo rang unanswered Saturday."

More blind eyes? I'm not sure of state law in Somalia, but I guess this would be deemed illegal even in that benighted land under any legal code other than that of the executioners' interpretation of Islamic scripture.

Neil
Edited by neilmarr on 11/01/2008 12:21

derF
So sad. So very, very sad.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
That is horrifying. One would think the government would have something to say about it.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

cheshiredragon
I just read this on MSNBC and am rather shocked. I thought that barbaric garbage was over ages ago. I have been corrected. When are humans going to get out of the dark ages, they were a thousand years ago. EVOLVE PEOPLE!! Just blows my mind that some people can be so into their ghostly beliefs that they would even commit and act such as stoning AND that of a young girl. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.
That's right, I said it...

derF
Mob intellect. Sharia law condones it and the mob dissolves into a deadly riot. There were probably many in the crowd who derived a certain amount of joy and satisfaction out of it. Perhaps some were even proud of their actions. As I said earlier. Sad. Very, very sad.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

neilmarr
A young woman recently stoned to death in Somalia first pleaded for her life, a witness has told the BBC. "Don't kill me, don't kill me," she said, according to the man who wanted to remain anonymous. A few minutes later, more than 50 men threw stones.

http://news.bbc.c...708169.stm

Neil

Jump to Forum: