View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My cats.
Hypatia
Cat - you're right, the kitten looks mighty unhappy in the 'Kit-Kat' photo, but looks as though it could easily escape if it wanted to. People shouldn't let small children play with animals, at least not unattended. But like you said, I think the picture was probably photo shopped.

Sinny - those are great photos! lol. I like the first one especially.

What are you talking about, Maggie taking our bed while we're gone? She takes it anyway. :lol: I have pictures of her lying in the middle of it, like it's her bed. I'll post those sometime - it's hilarious, which is why I took them of course.

FreakMeow
This thread makes me depressed, makes me miss my cat. One day I'll have a cat again... damn land lord.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/myname18/cute/funny-pictures-cat-hug-moment-forev.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

catman
That is a beautiful image. By all means, get another cat. Better yet, get two. Half the fun is watching their interaction.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

FreakMeow
I plan too. I love cats, glad I married someone who does too.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/myname18/eyes/100_4577-1-1.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

My husband, with his mom's cat Storm
Edited by FreakMeow on 09/11/2008 16:44

Hypatia
Awwww, love the first pic FreakMeow, but the one of your husband and the cat is really sweet.

Hope you'll be able to get another, or two, very soon.

Hypatia
i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/gravitywins.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/doesntconcernyou.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/webebad-1.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/warmin-1.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/hangin.jpg

Super (lazy) kitty
i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/iizbootiful.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/donotwant.jpg

Thinking outside the box
i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/Thinkoutsidethebox.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/likemycat-1.jpg
Edited by Hypatia on 09/16/2008 02:45

RayvenAlandria
Storm was originally Ray's cat. He picked her out as a child. When he went into the Air Force she stayed with us.

Hypatia
Here's Queen Asscat, er, I mean Maggie, hogging the bed.

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/Ihazit.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/MaggieMay2008.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/MaggieMay20082.jpg

(I think the battery on the camera needed to be recharged and that's why the lighting was funky in the photos)

Maggie in a window
i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/Maggie7August2005.jpg
Edited by Hypatia on 09/13/2008 17:15

Sinny
I Love this thread ;dancesing;

And the Don't Want To Picture had me cracking up.:lol:

That little hog I mean hogcat even takes the pillow...well isn't she hot stuff. Norton only takes the pillow when I actually make up the bed. Lately he's been coming to bed with me, looking for a gazillion rubs, when I want to sleep, at night and Trixie now comes on the bed by my knee He used to nap on the bed in the evening but since he noticed Trixie gets extra attention from me while he's sleeping he stopped napping and both follow me everywhere.

RavenAlandria Awwww he's so cute. Your husbands nice too. I highly recommend 2 to 3 cats per household/apartment. They keep each other company and share a common kitty cat bond. They will entertain you and family to no end and always love their family. I used to have only one cat and I think she was lonely all day long while I was at work. I knew when the time came to get another one that one just wouldn't do. I wish now I had adopted their rare twins. Cats never, that I know of come out as twin sets, but the other two were identical to my two. Except one was slightly lighter in weight than Norton and Trixie's twin was just barely darker. I had to really look to notice that. I really do wish I had adopted the other two with these two nuckleheads.

Hypatia
Have you all noticed how cats have no shame what so ever?

:lol:

Hypatia
Neil - have you and Skovia adopted your cat yet?

catman
Hypatia wrote:
Have you all noticed how cats have no shame what so ever?
:lol:

Of course they don't. That would entail a colossal loss of prestige. The song in Lady and the Tramp had it right:

We are Siamese if you please,
We are Siamese if you don't please.

;meowy;
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

willie
I do miss my cat. I've hinted at getting another for my 40th. BUT.... I have also noticed more and more bird life returning to my garden, which gives me much pleasure.;kittyball;

catman
Keep the cat indoors, especially if you have traffic around your hoise! Did your previous feline run off the birds? The mean mockingbirds and blue jays around my house attack the cats.
Edited by catman on 09/17/2008 16:45

willie
She rarely actually caught any but I just notice more around, especially the small ones. I don't want a cat that needs too much care. The thing I like about them is the way the come and go as they please and don't give a darn.

catman
All I have to do with my two indoor cats is feed them twice a day and scoop out the litter twice a day. I spend about 10 minutes a day doing these tasks. Of course, I spend more time than that interacting with them, as they are very spoiled.

I take it you don't live on a street with a lot of traffic. I live on a corner, which makes it even more dangerous for outdoor cats. I worry about my little outdoor kitty which has adopted me. She isn't tame enough to bring in.

neilmarr
***Neil - have you and Skovia adopted your cat yet?***

The vet in Italy decided she couldn't part with her after all, Hypatia, so she's keeping out a weather eye for another for us. Probably a blessing in disguise that we have to wait a little while because this summer's been crazy busy with visitors here and it would have been difficult for a new moggie to settle. Meantime, Tommy from next door is keeping us company. I'll update you ... soon I hope.

Love. Neil

catman
Neil, I hope you didn't have your heart set on that particular cat. A new "moggie" (is that 'cat' or does it have a more general meaning?) would probably not be pleased with lots of visitors, though, you're right. My two cats are quite friendly with visitors, but they have lived here since 1995!

neilmarr
'Moggie' is a kinda pet name for all cats in the north of England, Cat. Bit like 'mutt' for dogs, only a little more PC. Cheers. Neil

catman
Got it! Thanks. I wonder what the etymology of that word is!

Good luck with finding a cat, Neil. There are scads of them around my house needing homes. I have been adopted by an outdoor cat, as I've said, and usually have two others who show up at feeding time. The irresponsibility of people concerning animals never ceases to amaze me.

Jump to Forum: