View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 3 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My cats.
RayvenAlandria
Awww. meowies. Yoda looks little like my Storm. I had a lovely white cat named Spirit but he died from blood parasite. Hemabartinella. (probably not spelled that way). He was bitten by stray and got it that way. I felt so terrible. For their whole lives they had been inside cats and when we moved to Mississippi I felt they wanted to go outside, so I let them go out a few times and he got attacked by a scrungy cat. We spent thousands trying to save him and did blood transfusions etc...but he died anyway. Sad

schmoo
Oh Rayven I'm so sorry. That's terrible.Sad

Both of ours are indoor only kitties-neither of them have claws, there's no way they could defend themselves or get away from an attack. I didn't declaw them though (ours is one of the few industrialized countries that declawing isn't illegal)

Right now Mr. Schmoo is feeding Zoe DQ Blizzard from a spoon...not that she's spoiled or anything.

Hypatia
neilmarr wrote:
Who was it over at atheists.com whose signature line read: always try to be the person your dog thinks you are? Neat advice. Neil

Neil - My signature line once read "My goal is to someday be the person my dog thinks I am."

Maybe that's the one you're thinking of.

Hypatia
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Awww. meowies. Yoda looks little like my Storm. I had a lovely white cat named Spirit but he died from blood parasite. Hemabartinella. (probably not spelled that way). He was bitten by stray and got it that way. I felt so terrible. For their whole lives they had been inside cats and when we moved to Mississippi I felt they wanted to go outside, so I let them go out a few times and he got attacked by a scrungy cat. We spent thousands trying to save him and did blood transfusions etc...but he died anyway. Sad

That's a horrible disease for a cat to die from. One of my cats died from it too. It came on suddenly though and we didn't have a chance to do anything for her by that time. The vet told us that it could lie dormant for a period of time and then come on suddenly after having done too much damage to be able to save the cat. We could have tried, but the vet didn't think the treatment would have worked in the end and we didn't want to put her through it if there wasn't a real chance it would save her.

Bob - both Samantha and Galileo are beauts. Love the look on Galileo's face!

Schmoo - I just love that little powder-puff Zoe - she's so cute. So's the little shyster Yoda - adorable.

BTW - I'm an equal opportunity animal lover - we've got dogs and a cat.
Edited by Hypatia on 08/07/2008 20:30

FreakMeow
Zoe looks like the cat I use to have. Does she have different colored eyes too?

schmoo
No her eyes are both the same color-kind of a yellow gold. She really is gorgeous, and I'm sorry to burst your bubble Hypatia but there is nothing little about Zoe! She's massive! Not only that, but she sheds about 4 times as much as other cats, so you can have your entire couch carpeted in white fur in no time at all. She keeps my feet warm in winter and when I'm sick she cuddles me.

Yoda is my little lover kitty but only in the evening-during the day he will quiver in fear and hide his face if he is brought into the main areas of the house. At night he comes out and clambers all over me, purring and rubbing his face against me. He's nuts. I love him dearly, he's my sweet boy, but he's nuts.

Hypatia
This is our Maggie. She resembles Schmoo's Zoe a lot.

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/Maggie.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/BeautifulMaggieDec302007-2.jpg

i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/beadbum/Maggie5Dec312007.jpg

schmoo
atheiststoday.com/images/IMG_0324.jpg

See-same color. She's helping dad put in mini-blinds here.

*Edit
Image resize
Edited by Skeeve on 08/08/2008 19:29

schmoo
Gawd they do look a lot alike, don't they Patia?!?!

schmoo
atheiststoday.com/images/IMG_0332.jpg

Yoda likes Bugs bed! Grin

*Edit

Image resize
Edited by Skeeve on 08/08/2008 19:30

Hypatia
schmoo wrote:
No her eyes are both the same color-kind of a yellow gold. She really is gorgeous, and I'm sorry to burst your bubble Hypatia but there is nothing little about Zoe! She's massive! Not only that, but she sheds about 4 times as much as other cats, so you can have your entire couch carpeted in white fur in no time at all. She keeps my feet warm in winter and when I'm sick she cuddles me.

Yoda is my little lover kitty but only in the evening-during the day he will quiver in fear and hide his face if he is brought into the main areas of the house. At night he comes out and clambers all over me, purring and rubbing his face against me. He's nuts. I love him dearly, he's my sweet boy, but he's nuts.

Maggie sheds like crazy too. And she hates, hates, hates to be brushed - puts her in attack mode like almost nothing else will. She's torn me to shreds every time I've tried, but I think I've finally found a brush she'll tolerate for short grooming periods while she's in my lap for lovey dovies and pets, and I have to talk sweet and/or sing to her (funny, only my animals want me to sing to them!). But I have to be watching carefully for the tail-tell signs that she's had enough, lest I end up looking (and feeling) like I've gone through a shredder. lol.

Hypatia
Schmoo - yeah, Zoe and Maggie both have those awesome pink ears and gray skidmarks on the tops of their heads close to their ears, and otherwise all white, eh?

That yoda! What a poser! lol! It's a cat's world, isn't it? "What else would teddy bears be made for?" (if not for the comfort and/or entertainment of kitty cats?)

Grin

Hoo boy, what I wouldn't give to be able to get as comfortable and content right now as Yoda looks in that pic! lol!!

Yoda's coat looks absolutely luxurious!
Edited by Hypatia on 08/07/2008 23:09

schmoo
Oh Zoe LOOOOVES to be brushed! She flips over so I can brush the other side! LOL

She's the nosiest beast-she has almost boiled her nose I don't know how many times, sneaking up to the countertop next to the stove trying to see what's cooking. She has to investigate EVERYTHING-you can't leave a cup or mug unattended or her entire head will be in it. She's always in one of the sinks, even the one that hooks up to the portable dishwasher that drenches her EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

Hypatia
schmoo wrote:
Oh Zoe LOOOOVES to be brushed! She flips over so I can brush the other side! LOL

She's the nosiest beast-she has almost boiled her nose I don't know how many times, sneaking up to the countertop next to the stove trying to see what's cooking. She has to investigate EVERYTHING-you can't leave a cup or mug unattended or her entire head will be in it. She's always in one of the sinks, even the one that hooks up to the portable dishwasher that drenches her EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

lol - ouch! That's pretty damned nosy alright. Maggie won't stick her nose in anything hot, but if we sit our drinks where she can get to them we have to beware of 'ripples' on the top - a sure sign Mags has treated herself to whatever we're having at the time.

OMG Schmoo - what characters our furry kids can be!

schmoo
Yep, Yoda is incredibly sleek and silky! I call him my little Love Skunk though because he has horrible bad breath. He's very pliable and malleable-when it's Yoda time you can just scoop him up and fold him any direction and he purrs as though he can't make it loud enough.

I still can't figure out the fear of daytime though-perhaps it's the boy and his noise level. He comes out during the day when it's just me at home, though admittedly he's not as relentlessly loving as he is at night when I'm trying to sleep.

schmoo
Somebody stop me!atheiststoday.com/images/IMG_0130.jpg

*Edit

Image resize
Edited by Skeeve on 08/08/2008 19:32

schmoo
As you can see, Zoe doesn't care to drink from a dish on the floor-that is clearly for peasants.

FreakMeow
[quote]schmoo wrote:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/myname18/100_0431-1.jpg

Reading this makes me miss my kitty.

I usually wear all black so no outfit was complete without cat hair.

schmoo
Oh wow! Gorgeous! I missed having kitties for almost a dozen years-DH was in the military and we moved all over, it would have really been hard for the kitties to deal with. Course, we may have to move one more time, DH retires in less than 3 months from the Air Force. But it won't be overseas or anything this time.

Yeah, we have the obligatory cat hair on everything-I have to keep DH's uniforms and suits in their own closet.

catman
schmoo: That's a wonderful photo of Yoda in Bug's bed. That is one happy cat. I don't think I could go without having cats for any long span of time like that. I'd miss all the cat hair on my pillow.

I hope Bug's bed doesn't have bedbugs. What the hell, it sounded funny.Frown
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: