View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » My precious!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My cats.
schmoo
LOL-as far as I know it doesn't!

I couldn't bear the thought of putting the kitties in a cage and putting them in the baggage hold of a plane for hours and hours. I honestly think something like that would truly and literally scare Yoda to death. He'd go into shock. It's taken him over two months just to get used to us and we didn't see what color his eyes were for six weeks-all we saw was pupil, widely dilated and scared. Poor wee thing...

RayvenAlandria
We actually based our choices of where to be stationed on the meowy's wellbeing.There are places I would love to go but they require that pets be in quarantine for six months. I refuse to do that to Storm... so here we are stuck in Frikkin' Oklahoma. I will not do harm to my meowy, at least not on purpose. I guess we'll just have to miss out on certain duty stations.

Skeeve
OT, but I've been meaning to ask you Rayven. Have you gone to Bixby to get any of that awesome corn that Bartcop is always going on about?

"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

catman
Schmoo & Rayven: I quite understand your feelings towards your cats (aliases: kitties, meowies). It pleases me no end that such a high proportion of atheists are cat people. It serves me as further confirmation of the rightness of both approaches to life.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

schmoo
LOL-I do like dogs catman, Mr. Schmoo doesn't. I like lots of animals, however I do not care for shoveling poop. Cats are far neater and cleaner and don't require so much attention, nor do they insist on showering one with said excessive attention.

I guess I like the idea of dogs better than I like actually owning them.
Edited by schmoo on 08/10/2008 18:28

Bob of QF
schmoo wrote:
LOL-I do like dogs catman, Mr. Schmoo doesn't. I like lots of animals, however I do not care for shoveling poop. Cats are far neater and cleaner and don't require so much attention, nor do they insist on showering one with said excessive attention.

I guess I like the idea of dogs better than I like actually owning them.

I'm with you there-- OPDs.

Other People's Dogs is the only way to go. <heh>
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
I agree completely. When one gets tired of their ministrations, one can leave if the dog in question is someone else's. I like laid-back dogs pretty well, but most are pushy, and they are all a lot of bother. A basset hound would be okay, I suppose. After all, the name of the breed has 'bass' in it. And they do make a pleasing sound.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

schmoo
Bassett hounds have the added benefit of being largely immobile as well! What's not to like about a dog that moves around less than a cat!?

catman
Exactimundo! That's part of the laid-backness that I like. I find hyper dogs to be extremely annoying, especially if they are noisy.

Bob of QF
catman wrote:
Exactimundo! That's part of the laid-backness that I like. I find hyper dogs to be extremely annoying, especially if they are noisy.

Oh, I dunno.

Those ultra-fuzzy hyper dogs make pretty good car-wash mitts.... <eyeroll>

*ducks the thrown objects*

schmoo
It's just getting your hand up their...

okay, that's too gross and cruel even for me.

Shock

catman
GrinHahaha! The chihuahuas are the ones that drive me nuts. They always seem so miserable, shaking with paranoia. At least they seem so. I wouldn't want a pet that seems to be saying, "I hate life. Kill me." Okay, that's probably going too far. But they just seem so unhappy.
Edited by catman on 08/11/2008 23:32

RayvenAlandria
Corn from Bixby? Nope, haven't gotten any. I have been mostly hiding in the house since we moved here. The locals are mean and make me want to stay at home and talk to my friends who live in my computer. My only local friends are the Atheist meetup group.

FreakMeow
RayvenAlandria wrote:
. I have been mostly hiding in the house since we moved here. The locals are mean and make me want to stay at home and talk to my friends who live in my computer...

I know how that feels.
Edited by FreakMeow on 08/12/2008 05:00

Bob of QF
It's amazing how one can adjust one's language to fit perceptions. I don't have to lie, exactly, I just don't have to agree with what people say, either.

I remain neutral-- and they arrogantly assume that I agree with what they are spewing, if I don't offer counter points.

Since I work with the public professionally, I really cannot alienate them-- they pay me for my work.

If they "god bless you" me at the end of what I do, I just smile knowing that their check cashes the exact same as if they had said, "satan bless you" or "FSM bless you". Or if they said nothing at all. Money is money.

On the other hand, occasionally I run into a non-believer out there as a customer. Those are gems. Rare, here'bouts 'n Oklahomer.

Where the state's collective IQ goes down [measurably] every time someone from Tulsatheist goes on vacation out of state...

...or every time a cat or dog dies...

...or whenever the birds fly through on their annual migration...

.... *sigh*

Ignorance is not bliss. It's painful to those folk who are not ignorant, but have to put up with ignorance anyway.

schmoo
I share your pain-It took me 28 years but I did finally get the hell out of Oklahoma and I've only been back to visit 3 times since then.

I miss Braums cherry limeades though.

catman
Oklahoma is a beautiful state, parts of it anyway. I was amazed by the western end of the Panhandle when I went through it on a motorcycle trip. On the whole, I'd rather be in Texas, and that's saying quite a lot.

schmoo
sigh...I have to admit, catman, that I was relieved when the job for Mr. Schmoo in Texas didn't pan out. I REALLY don't like a hot climate. I would honestly prefer to live further North...like Nova Scotia.

catman
Nova Scotia would be nice until winter. Ah, winter. The concept sounds so good right now. I don't like a hot, HUMID climate. There's hardly anything quite as dispiriting as walking outside at 4 a.m. and immediately starting to sweat.

schmoo
I just don't like hot-I don't care if it's humid or "dry heat", I just don't like it. I don't tan, sunlight gives me migraine, and squinting gives ya wrinkles. I could happily do without it.

Jump to Forum: