View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » LGBT
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Homophobia: Institutionalized Bigotry, Cultural Phenomenon
seeker
JDHURF wrote:

Well, the percentage is drawn from past societies as well as all existing societies that can be researched and I was led to believe accounts in some fashion for variables such as homophobia and gay people therefore remaining in the closet and so on. In any case, were the percentage to be a bit higher than 10%, I wouldn't be surprised.

Purely speculation on my part JD, nothing more.Wink

derF
I do hope that science continues to address this phenomena. Once we recognize why a person becomes homosexual we can begin to properly assimilate them into our society. Well maybe not the hard core bible thumpers, but maybe the rest of us.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
I don't think people 'become homosexual'. I think they are born with that characteristic, which like heterosexuality does not manifest itself until years later. It occurs in other animals too, so it isn't culturally inspired. This makes prejudice doubly absurd. Just my opinion.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

derF
I find myself in agreement with you, Catman.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Jump to Forum: