View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Rant Room
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
This is what the KKK looks like
Bob of QF
I'm certain I'm not the only one who sees the irony of the prominent "Jesus Saves" banner across the back, right behind a group of people who's stated purpose is anything but salvation for specific members of the human race.

Sick, sick, sick people.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

derF
I thought the KKK had gone the way of disco, hoola hoops and 8 track tape players. Ignorant asses displaying their stupidity for the world to see.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
There will always be a few tards who will want to be members of the KKK, as well as the American Nazi Party.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
derF wrote:
I thought the KKK had gone the way of disco, hoola hoops and 8 track tape players. Ignorant asses displaying their stupidity for the world to see.

I'm told that in certain areas of back-country USA, there is still a brisk trade in old 8-track players and tapes..... <eyeroll>
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

comfortable
Catman,

Does "Teneo" in your new honorific refer to your persistence/tenacity - or to your being here the most often (as in tenant)?

Who came up with it?

It's cute.

How about Plurimus Otium or even Otium Maximus?
Edited by comfortable on 11/16/2008 13:37
The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Men are sheep in credulity, but wolves for conformity.

Doubting Thomas
Anyone else find it ironic that the KKK application has a space marked "Code of Ethics?"

And seriously... an application form? This isn't the Rotary Club. I don't believe there's any national KKK organization any more unlike in years past. I think most Klan groups are a bunch of people meeting in Bubba's living room.

And why does the Klan still have meetings? I mean, it must go like this, "OK, we all still hate blacks & jews, right? OK, see you next week."
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

comfortable
comfortable wrote:
Catman,

Does "Teneo" in your new honorific refer to your persistence/tenacity - or to your being here the most often (as in tenant)?

Who came up with it?

It's cute.

How about Plurimus Otium or even Otium Maximus?

Okay, Plurimus Pertinax. Tenacious it is.

Jack Black is Tenacious (D)

(I sort of like his work.. Very smart, smart-alecky, and an excellent voice IMHO.)

Score = 58 / 1058 (posts). Otium fits in there somewheres.
Wink
Edited by comfortable on 11/17/2008 10:54
The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.
Men are sheep in credulity, but wolves for conformity.

catman
I like Jack Black too. He strikes me as being a bit like John Belushi. As much as anyone can be, anyhow.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Cynic
More so than his brother, anyhow. ;-)

willie
These kind of red necks put me right off the idea of getting a swastika tattoo.

Jump to Forum: