View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Heretical Jezebel
Kallistie
I grew up Catholic, but left the church at sixteen. I haven't looked back. Been an atheist for about a year and some and was a pagan before that (go figure, hm?).
I used to hang out at Topix, but left because I got quite sick of dealing with fundies, and before that was on the Flying Spaghetti Monster forum. Currently hang out on a former sister site to that one, called The Toadfish Monastery (hi Bob! Grin).
Lived out West all my life and currently reside in the Bible Belt of California (yes, such a thing does exist and I live in the heart of it). Those of us of alternate or unfaiths get funny looks and frequently get the "Do you know there's a Jesus who died to save you?" speeches. They're kind of amusing.
I picked this name not because I like the movie Jezebel, but because a Jezebel questions the existence of god. And I've always been a heretic!

I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully seeing some sparky debates.

FreakMeow
Hello, Heretical Jezebel. Nice to meet you too. I'm new to the forum myself.

seeker
Hello and welcome to both of you. I hope you find the site an enjoyable experience.

Skeeve
Hiya HJ and Meow...feel free to start a thread so we can identify you easier. Welcome!
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

RayvenAlandria
Hello Jez and Hello Freakmeow (also known as my d-in-law!) I'm so glad you've both made it this way.

Bob of QF
Hi, HJ!

Glad you found here.

I've high hopes, but I'm keeping my optimism firmly in check. <heh>
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

neilmarr
Good to have your company Jezebel and Freak. Any pa-in-law of Rayven is a friend of ours. Best wishes. Neil

catman
Greeting, HJ and FreakMeow. There are certainly a lot of 'cat people' on the site. That's good!Wink

I know there are a lot of fundies in CA. It seems a very polarized state. There are billboards all over of an extreme religious bent, yet one can go into a grocery and see the booze right next to the bread on the shelves. The latter could never happen in TX.
Edited by catman on 08/06/2008 15:53
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: