View Thread

Atheists Today » Religion » Judaism
 Print Thread
Someone gave me a book today
Skeeve
One of our regular customers found out I was atheist, and for some reason thought I'd find interest in this book by Michael Hoffman. ([url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_A._Hoffman_II[/url])

The book is 'Judaism Discovered'. Not sure what I'll find, but from Googling around, it seems to be pretty controversial.

I'll let ya know how it turns out. Wink

(btw, this book is brand new and still shrink wrapped...odd, they go for a pretty penny online.)
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

cheshiredragon
Handing you a book like that makes me wonder if they are an atheist too. A girl at the book store, about a year ago, when I was buying "The God Delusion" suggested a few other books and even some famous atheists by name just of the top of her head. I never asked but, I wonder til this day if she was the first female atheist I have met(besides Miss Brown).
Let us know how the book is.
That's right, I said it...

Cynic
I know a few people like that -- who fell out of religion in straight into conspiracy-think. Or probably more accurately, people who's wild-ass conspiracy tendencies led them away from religion when they realized the very real consiracies that allow it to prosper.

neilmarr
Hoffman is a nut. Do yourself a favour: leave the bubble-wrap on the book and auction it at the next get-together of your local Holocaust-Deniers Club or KKK meeting. Neil

catman
Golly, neilmarr, that makes me want to read it.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Skeeve
As a hard core fan of fantasy and sci-fi, this may turn out to be a good book. While I trust your opinion Neil, I have to read it for myself. I mean, come on, if it's on Rense.com it has to be true, right? Grin

I forgot to mention, he also gave me a paper with a URL to look up.

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/3477148/The-greatest-conspiracy-theories-in-history.html[/url]

*edited to add
But it doesn't lead anywhere but a 404 page. I'm too lazy to check it out, maybe later.

*edited to fix the link. it was a page, not a section.
Edited by Skeeve on 11/20/2008 16:38

Skeeve
OMG! Conspiracies!

Jump to Forum: