View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » YouTube
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
g0at
Skeeve
One of my favorite atheist vloggers. I meant to keep up with the YouTube section here, but I've been slacking.

Anyway, g0at just posted a new video which got my attention. I think he's defeating the purpose of getting his point across by doing it shirtless. I watched the entire video and I can't repeat any talking points whatsoever.Grin

Here's his channel:

http://www.youtub.../user/g0at

And his latest video:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-0JWfqo73k&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B-0JWfqo73k&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Edited by Skeeve on 09/11/2009 17:17
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
 
RayvenAlandria
I used to be friends with him. He said some things that disgusted me to the point that I no longer consider him a friend. I'm sad to hear that he's one of your favorite vloggers.
 
Skeeve
Was it in regards to his "support the troops" videos? Or was it something said in PMs?
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
 
Cynic
I generally avoid vloggers because it's too difficult to ignore their ego-centricism. I mean, I can barely ignore it with the bloggers. In this case, I think he's nicely demonstrated why I don't like libertarians -- they're short-sighted and demonstrate a clear inability to imagine being in anyone else's shoes.
 
RayvenAlandria
Skeeve wrote:
Was it in regards to his "support the troops" videos? Or was it something said in PMs?


It relates. He and I used to both hang out in the RRS stickam room. He was a huge RRS fanboi. (I'm not sure whether he still is or not since I backed away from those scumbags a long time ago.)

This is g0at's story...he joined up for the military and was rejected while at MePS. He would never admit why he was rejected. He then became so hateful and anti-military that he would treat anyone in the military or who had a friend/ relative in the military like utter shit. My husband and son are in the military, so suffice it to say we had some words.

My husband is a recruiter this tour, I know what it takes to get rejected from MePS, so most likely g0at lied about drug use or a past criminal record. He would never tell anyone exactly what he got rejected for, so I can only speculate. The thing is though, he was all gun-ho until he got rejected, then and only then did his philosophy about the military change.
 
cheshiredragon
Cynic wrote:
I generally avoid vloggers because it's too difficult to ignore their ego-centricism. I mean, I can barely ignore it with the bloggers. In this case, I think he's nicely demonstrated why I don't like libertarians -- they're short-sighted and demonstrate a clear inability to imagine being in anyone else's shoes.

Agreed.
Vloggers and Bloggers:
No one has ever said so much to so few in such a poor way as possible.
That's right, I said it...
 
Skeeve
Cynic wrote:
I generally avoid vloggers because it's too difficult to ignore their ego-centricism. I mean, I can barely ignore it with the bloggers.



Yay for broad brush stereotyping!
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
 
seeker
Skeeve - Are you sure you don't just like this guy because he did his video topless?
 
cheshiredragon
seeker wrote:
Skeeve - Are you sure you don't just like this guy because he did his video topless?


I agree. Tell us, Skeeve cause I am more straight then an arrow and I even thought this guy was "man pretty."

BTW, how is Cynic stereotyping? I think I missed something.
That's right, I said it...
 
Skeeve
Actually, there are many videos of his that I like, and a few that I disagree with. This is the first video he's made without a shirt. I choose the shirtless vid because it was his latest. The fact that he was shirtless is a bonus.

cheshiredragon wrote:
BTW, how is Cynic stereotyping? I think I missed something.


The same way you did by agreeing with him.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
 
catman
I think the stereotype has much more than a grain of truth in it. I know, that makes me a stereotyper too.Cool
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Cynic
The trouble with avoiding things because of some general tendency it has is that the resulting lack of experience prevents you from articulating, in sufficient detail, the problems you have with it to people who might demand it. Vloggers are sort of like country music or rap that way, though those are easier to dismiss because the fact that I'm just not their target audience is a reasonable excuse in its own right.

I dunno -- maybe there are vloggers that manage to do a good job without coming across as smug and self-important, but I don't want them often enough to know. I suspect that most of those can can pull it off are called "anchors" and work for television stations.

But it really all comes down to the fact that I don't care enough to find a smaller brush, because the to get one, I'd have to start watching vlogs. Grin

Please don't take this to mean that I won't watch one if you think it's worth watching, Skeeve. I watched this one from beginning to end. Well, OK, I started it up and then changed windows after a minute, but I listened, anyway.
 
catman
Life is just too short (at least in my case) to waste too much time searching through vlogs to find the small percentage that don't immediately cause me to think, "Who cares what you think, you self-important twit?" Perhaps that makes me the site curmudgeon, but I have better things to do.

I watched about two minutes of the video above and disagreed immediately. I think deregulation is a primary reason for the economic crisis, simply allowing alkl the fat little piggies to gorge themselves for what they could get in the short term. The vblogger would have us in a laissez-faire nightmare harking back to the pre-1910 capitalist plutocracy, IMO, before the Sherman Antitrust Act and unions. Also, if one is going to make a videoblog, is it too much to ask that he bother to script it out rather than making it up as he goes along?
Edited by catman on 11/23/2008 00:30
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Bob of QF
catman wrote:
Life is just too short (at least in my case) to waste too much time searching through vlogs to find the small percentage that don't immediately cause me to think, "Who cares what you think, you self-important twit?" Perhaps that makes me the site curmudgeon, but I have better things to do.

I watched about two minutes of the video above and disagreed immediately. I think deregulation is a primary reason for the economic crisis, simply allowing alkl the fat little piggies to gorge themselves for what they could get in the short term. The vblogger would have us in a laissez-faire nightmare harking back to the pre-1910 capitalist plutocracy, IMO, before the Sherman Antitrust Act and unions. Also, if one is going to make a videoblog, is it too much to ask that he bother to script it out rather than making it up as he goes along?


What catman said.

I didn't even get past the annoying voice, the obvious "I'm just too smart for YOU" attitude to even hear his message, if he had one.

In this case, the package DID interfere with any possible message he may have had...
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.
 
g0at
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Skeeve wrote:
Was it in regards to his "support the troops" videos? Or was it something said in PMs?


It relates. He and I used to both hang out in the RRS stickam room. He was a huge RRS fanboi. (I'm not sure whether he still is or not since I backed away from those scumbags a long time ago.)

This is g0at's story...he joined up for the military and was rejected while at MePS. He would never admit why he was rejected. He then became so hateful and anti-military that he would treat anyone in the military or who had a friend/ relative in the military like utter shit. My husband and son are in the military, so suffice it to say we had some words.

My husband is a recruiter this tour, I know what it takes to get rejected from MePS, so most likely g0at lied about drug use or a past criminal record. He would never tell anyone exactly what he got rejected for, so I can only speculate. The thing is though, he was all gun-ho until he got rejected, then and only then did his philosophy about the military change.


Well well well.. Let me post the beginning of an email I received after trying to engage in a discussion with Alandria

"WOOOOO hold up your a firefighter right.... and training to be a EMS tell me how can you do the job you do everyday and believe you are saving lives? NEWSFLASH buddy you don't know shit about Iraq or the war or the troops. You are probably one of these guys who sits on his couch watching the news or believing everything you read. You are not there."

First of all, I told her in the previous email that me being a fire fighter has NOTHING to do with my opinion. I never used it as an arguement and I never did against her.

FYI Alandria you made a bunch of personal attacks towards me. If you had done your research you would have known many things about me that aren't hidden. I have 2 videos in my YT channel with a friend that is currently in Iraq for the second time. His name is travis, you should go look that up. As for me not being in Iraq, neither are you, and you haven't been there either.

I never treat anyone in the military with disrespect, and I never got rejected at meps.

I left the RRS years ago and haven't been associated with organized atheism.

I get a lot of emails on youtube and when people start personally attacking me, I usually discontinue the conversation. Stop being a hateful ugly person.

-g0at
Edited by g0at on 11/30/2008 14:14
 
g0at
RayvenAlandria wrote:
I used to be friends with him. He said some things that disgusted me to the point that I no longer consider him a friend. I'm sad to hear that he's one of your favorite vloggers.


And when were you " friends " with me?...

Oh and if anyone wants the 3-4 emails that contains all of the communication I had with this hate monger, just pm me for screen shots.

Here is my favorite part of the email

"You probably also voted for obama! Okay well I am done trying to preach to you... oh and one more thing my husband said you dont need to involve other peoples tragidies into your brainwashed ideas!!! If you dont like it then go to Canada!!!
"
Edited by g0at on 11/30/2008 14:29
 
RayvenAlandria
What? Please produce those "emails". Including the trace logs, and *modified by* dates. I have never emailed you that I know of. I do not even have your email address. If I did, please produce the evidence because my memory must have completely failed me.

I have not spoken to you in a year or two. I voted for Obama you idiot, why would I chastise you for it? Last I spoke with you we were both hanging out in the RRS stcikam room. Then Brian had Nikki masturbate in front of the whole room, (on mic, not cam, she didn't have one yet). I muted, as did a few other people. After we were told the "episode" was over, I unmuted and ended up in a huge fight with Brian about it. I left and haven't spoken to you or anyone in the RRS since then, except to make one comment in your anti-military video. That comment was many months ago, but you and I haven't actually spoken since I left the RRS.

(BTW, I am glad you left the RRS. ) I have no idea why you're lying about having emails from me. If you do, produce them.

(Edit: had misspelled Brian)
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 11/30/2008 22:58
 
RayvenAlandria
Oh, there is no way in bloody hell I would tell anyone to go to Canada. Even if they totally disagreed with me. You are either mixing me up with someone else or you're a terrible liar.

ETA: you told us in the RRS room you went to MePs and were turned away. If I remember correctly, you even mention it in your anti-military video, something along the lines of "I used to be pro-military and even signed up, went all the way to MePs", or something like that. I forget how you worded it, but you stated that you signed up and almost swore in but you don't mention why that fell through.

So, why did it fall through? Better yet, perhaps you could offer up your full name etc... so I can verify it. My husband has access to those records. If you weren't rejected at MePs and my own evidence proves it, I will apologize for claiming you were.
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 11/30/2008 21:19
 
g0at
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Oh, there is no way in bloody hell I would tell anyone to go to Canada. Even if they totally disagreed with me. You are either mixing me up with someone else or you're a terrible liar.

ETA: you told us in the RRS room you went to MePs and were turned away. If I remember correctly, you even mention it in your anti-military video, something along the lines of "I used to be pro-military and even signed up, went all the way to MePs", or something like that. I forget how you worded it, but you stated that you signed up and almost swore in but you don't mention why that fell through.

So, why did it fall through? Better yet, perhaps you could offer up your full name etc... so I can verify it. My husband has access to those records. If you weren't rejected at MePs and my own evidence proves it, I will apologize for claiming you were.



Well, Those were real emails and I assumed it was you because I have only spoken about this issue with one other individual through youtube who is a wife of someone in the army. And they expressed the same sentiments you do.

If those aren't your emails, I'm sorry. Could you tell me who you are? Could you also tell me why you felt it necessary to spread nasty rumps and lies? You are not my friend nor did I ever say I was rejected from the military. All of this information is actually posted on my youtube account, timestamped and dated. I have several friends in the military, one being my best friend who appears in two of my videos.

You are a hateful person if you actually beleive what you posted above, regardless if you posted those emails to me.

I may have made an error, but you lied. You don't know me and you aren't my friend.
 
RayvenAlandria
Tim, you should have checked the names on the emails before accusing me of writing them. Obviously you don't remember me and mixed me up with someone else.

My husband is not in the Army, he's in the Navy.

You and I hung out in the RRS stickam room during the same time period a couple of years ago. It was only for a couple of months because it didn't take me long to realize the RRS were a bunch of scumbags. I can understand why you'd forget my name, it's a little unusual.

Perhaps I should stop using the term "friend" so loosely. I am rather casual about the term and tend to call people I know online a "friend", but you are correct, a better term would have been "friendly".

I remember you, Lindy, Renee, mustang, Rich R, LunarShadow, Nikki, Roberts, Greydon, and a bunch of other people who used to hang out in the stickam room. Do you remember a lady with really long brown hair, (to her knees), that used to hang out sometimes? What was her name again? Her stickam picture was of her in a purple corset. I really liked that corset.

You did tell me that you went to MePs and didn't get to join. Have you ever been to MePs? What was the reason you didn't join up?
 
Jump to Forum: