View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » YouTube
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
g0at
Skeeve
Why, hello g0at!

"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
 
g0at
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Tim, you should have checked the names on the emails before accusing me of writing them. Obviously you don't remember me and mixed me up with someone else.

My husband is not in the Army, he's in the Navy.

You and I hung out in the RRS stickam room during the same time period a couple of years ago. It was only for a couple of months because it didn't take me long to realize the RRS were a bunch of scumbags. I can understand why you'd forget my name, it's a little unusual.

Perhaps I should stop using the term "friend" so loosely. I am rather casual about the term and tend to call people I know online a "friend", but you are correct, a better term would have been "friendly".

I remember you, Lindy, Renee, mustang, Rich R, LunarShadow, Nikki, Roberts, Greydon, and a bunch of other people who used to hang out in the stickam room. Do you remember a lady with really long brown hair, (to her knees), that used to hang out sometimes? What was her name again? Her stickam picture was of her in a purple corset. I really liked that corset.

You did tell me that you went to MePs and didn't get to join. Have you ever been to MePs? What was the reason you didn't join up?



I joined the marine corps and went through Medical processing in the delayed entry program , and once more at Cmp. Pendleton. I went through the entire boot camp and I decided the marines wasn't for me . I hated my Gunnery Sgt. and he hated me. To make a long story short I realized that I wasn't going to be serving my country. I could not live with myself if I was going to go over to another country and shoot people in the name of freedom. I had no idea what I got myself into and I decided I had to either go AWAL or figure a way out. There are many different ways you can get out of the military, most people don't know this . I did some research on the Entry Level Separation (ELS) , it wasn't easy but there are hundreds of loopholes for people who have only been in for under 180 days.

The only reason I ever brought it up in a video was because I wanted to let people know that I have completely flipped roles. I WANTED to and did join our military in hopes of serving our country. I realized that it wasn't for me and I became opposed to the initiation of force. I also became an atheist during this exact time as well. A lot changed. You have to remember that before joining I was a christian that almost wanted to become a youth minister if you can believe it.
Edited by g0at on 12/01/2008 00:56
 
RayvenAlandria
This claim is not at all similar to what you told me in the stickam room. Now I'm really curious how you got out of the military.

Loopholes? Like pretending to be gay, or claiming to be mentally ill, or popping positive on a drug test?

Yeah, I know about those "loopholes" so which one did you use? They are there for extreme situations, not for someone who just decided he doesn't like the military life and has a big mean Gunny. It sounds like you are unethical and took advantage of the system.

http://usmilitary.../blels.htm

http://usmilitary...getout.htm
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 12/01/2008 01:18
 
RayvenAlandria
Oh, and another thing. This means you were what's called an Atrite. This means that the person who recruited you got investigated and got into serious trouble. By doing what you did, you may have ruined someone's career.
 
RayvenAlandria
Entry Level Separation (ELS). As I said, this characterization is often misunderstood, as some people think that it's some kind of special separation program that allows them to quit if they have less than 180 days of service. It's not. It's simply another type of service characterization. If the servicemember has less than 180 days of service, and is discharged, the commander can say "I didn't have enough time to adequately measure this person's conduct and performance," by characterizing the service as "Entry Level." That's all an ELS is. Instead of giving an Honorable, General, or UOTHC, the service is "uncharacterized." An ELS is not honorable, it's not general, it's not anything. It means that the commander didn't have enough time to make a fair decision as to the overall service characterization. The commander DOES NOT have to characterize the service as Entry Level, even if the member has less than 180 days of service. If the commander feels it's appropriate, and the commander feels he/she knows enough about the member's conduct and performance, he/she can characterize the service as honorable, general, or UOTHC, instead. This is often done in cases of misconduct, or failure to meet or maintain standards. Usually, someone with an ELS has not been in the military long enough to qualify for most veteran benefits.


http://usmilitary...etout4.htm

In other words, the commander did not want you to be able to get benefits but he/she was not cruel enough to give you a "less than honorable". It means they didn't like you Tim. You were a reject. If they believed your claims of "conscientious objector" (if that's what you tried to pull) they could have given you an honorable discharge or a general.
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 12/01/2008 01:25
 
g0at
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Tim, you should have checked the names on the emails before accusing me of writing them. Obviously you don't remember me and mixed me up with someone else.

My husband is not in the Army, he's in the Navy.

You and I hung out in the RRS stickam room during the same time period a couple of years ago. It was only for a couple of months because it didn't take me long to realize the RRS were a bunch of scumbags. I can understand why you'd forget my name, it's a little unusual.

Perhaps I should stop using the term "friend" so loosely. I am rather casual about the term and tend to call people I know online a "friend", but you are correct, a better term would have been "friendly".

I remember you, Lindy, Renee, mustang, Rich R, LunarShadow, Nikki, Roberts, Greydon, and a bunch of other people who used to hang out in the stickam room. Do you remember a lady with really long brown hair, (to her knees), that used to hang out sometimes? What was her name again? Her stickam picture was of her in a purple corset. I really liked that corset.

You did tell me that you went to MePs and didn't get to join. Have you ever been to MePs? What was the reason you didn't join up?


You sure do make a bunch of claims that you have no business making.

You can do some research and find that there are a bunch of clauses if you are within 180 days of enlistment. I don't really want to spend any more time talking to you, this will be my last post.l

But, to clear up a few things. My recruiter lied to me and offered me a job that I could not have gotten. He was a horrible person, he even lied and got 2 people that were recruited with me through the system with shadey histories and medical problems.

I didn't get out of the military just because I didn't want to be in. I will not be a murderer. It is as simple as that. I will not take part in murder, and saving the ass of another person who recruits murders doesn't phase me.
 
RayvenAlandria
I'm going to make a quick post before heading off to bed. I want to clarify a couple of things in case Tim reads this before I wake up. I have some work to do over the next few days and may not have time to respond. I will address what I suspect his reactions and questions are going to be.

First of all g0at (Tim), I don't resent you for not being military material. I am not military material either. If I could get through bootcamp, (which I couldn't), I would probably still not make it through. I can handle people abusing me, but when I see someone else being abused I can't resist the urge to defend them. That trait would get me into serious trouble in bootcamp and the military life. There are a lot of abusive assholes in power in the military and I would surely bump heads with them. I might do okay if I were in the military, but I'm not sure, I might end up in trouble because I would not obey people I felt were unethical.

You getting tossed out is not what made me angry with you. Your hateful attitude towards military members and their families is what made me angry. You can claim you have not shown anyone disrespect but I know you are absolutely full of shit and a liar.

Instead of publicly insulting people who are in the military you should voice your opinions with close friends. Making youtube videos about your opinion of people who choose to go to war is, in my opinion, arrogant and out of line. You were insulting and a jerk.

I was upset with you long before you made that video though. I just happened to stumble across it a few months ago while looking for something else. I recognized you so I watched the video, and then got annoyed with you all over again.

I was originally upset with you because you hurt my feelings and made me cry one day while in the RRS stickam room. Apparently you don't remember the conversation, but I sure do. You were a complete asshole. For some reason you went on an anti-military tirade. I told you that my husband's command was in Iraq and that recently my daughter-in-law's brother-in-law (her sister's husband) had been killed while there. You responded with something to the affect of "anyone who chooses to go there gets what they deserve". You acted like a huge jackass. Every military person knows that they face the possibility of death by being in the military but for you to say something like that makes you a first class asshole.

There was someone else in the stickam room that day who had a loved one in Iraq, (or maybe it was Afghanistan), and you treated her the same way when she got angry at you for your anti-military rhetoric.

You can claim all you want that you have never mistreated someone in the military or a dependent, but I know for a fact you are a liar because you did it to ME. I know the truth and that's all that matters to me, so keep repeating your bullshit for those who will buy into it.

I won't.
 
RayvenAlandria
I guess you posted while I was typing Tim.

I see your rhetoric has not changed. It's just as idiotic as it was back then.

If you weren't willing to be a "murderer" you would never have joined in the first place. The members here are not stupid enough to buy into your bullshit so why bother trying?

You couldn't hack it, they tossed you out, so now you claim they are "murderers" so you won't feel like a loser. If you need to do that to cope, fine, do so, but stop throwing your abusive rhetoric in other people's faces. Keep your opinion to yourself and stop abusing people who have enough hardship and stress to deal with all ready.

 
Hypatia
I do have to interject here that anyone who enlists, or who has enlisted, in the military in the last 7 years - at least - must know, has to know - that the chances they'll be sent into combat are very high.

If sent into combat the chances a soldier will have to fire a weapon upon someone are, I think, fairly high. If a soldier kills someone, depending on anyone's own viewpoint, it could be called murder. However, personally, it's hard for me to look at it quite that way when one purposely enlists in the military during wartime.
Edited by Hypatia on 12/01/2008 03:32
 
g0at
Hypatia wrote:
I do have to interject here that anyone who enlists, or who has enlisted, in the military in the last 7 years - at least - must know, has to know - that the chances they'll be sent into combat are very high.

If sent into combat the chances a soldier will have to fire a weapon upon someone are, I think, fairly high. If a soldier kills someone, depending on anyone's own viewpoint, it could be called murder. However, personally, it's hard for me to look at it quite that way when one purposely enlists in the military during wartime.


Do you run by the same name on stickam? I don't ever recall saying that to anyone in that room. In my line of work almost everyone I work with is ex-military. The fire service is a para-military organization. To say that I have this negative stigma towards people in the military is just untrue. I am done having this conversation , I don't really feel like defending myself it is really kind of laughable.

To clear a simple mistake you made in your logic as the above poster mentions. I, at the time of enlistment was a different person. I was willing to kill for my country. I later changed after going through the system and became an atheist and a much different person. So, to say that I joined not wanting to be a murderer is simply not true.

I refuse allow people to believe that the miltiary service men and woman are protecting my freedoms by murdering those in iraq.

She acts as if I burn flags in my room, and go to military funerals with signs and pickets. As if I hate the people in the military lol. I made a video series on my youtube channel, that you can voluntarily view or click out of. You have to go out of your way to watch it. Disagree with me? Why don't you argue your points rather than ad hom me.
Edited by g0at on 12/01/2008 12:43
 
IGExpandingPanda
Why don't you argue your points rather than ad hom me.


What's with formal RRS users employing shitty grammar?

I guess this is what we get when we have slacker, stripper, and pretender being role models.

Ad hom. (ad hominem / argumentum ad hominem) literally means to/toward the person. You don't "to the man" someone. I'm not being anal retentive about it not being in italics.

Correct would be
"Why don't you argue your points rather than employing ad hom. arguments."

It's an adjective or adverb. In it self it's not a verb.
 
Cynic
Language evolves -- get the fuck over it.
 
Skeeve
IGExpandingPanda wrote:
I don't really care what you wrote, but I'll try to make you look stupid just the same


Way to contribute to the discussion.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
 
cheshiredragon
IGExpandingPanda wrote:
Why don't you argue your points rather than ad hom me.


What's with formal RRS users employing shitty grammar?

I guess this is what we get when we have slacker, stripper, and pretender being role models.

Ad hom. (ad hominem / argumentum ad hominem) literally means to/toward the person. You don't "to the man" someone. I'm not being anal retentive about it not being in italics.

Correct would be
"Why don't you argue your points rather than employing ad hom. arguments."

It's an adjective or adverb. In it self it's not a verb.


IGExpandingPanda wrote:
I don't really care what you wrote, but I'll try to make you look stupid just the same


Hmm, did it for yourself too. We are not all English majors. Forgive us for disappointing you.
That's right, I said it...
 
Cynic
Where are IGEP's other 11 posts?
 
g0at
IGExpandingPanda wrote:
Why don't you argue your points rather than ad hom me.


...What's with formal RRS users employing shitty grammar? ...



Did you mean Former?

We all know that Formal would not be the correct word to use. Just couldn't help but notice that you messed up your writing in the first sentence of a critique you wrote for me. Nice job!

bwithers.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/albums-a59-penguinking3-fail.jpg
 
Sugarfree
Personaly im seriously considering a military career. My dad was in the airforce and he thinks it would be good for me, before i was aiming to join the police force and i may still do.
Its insulting, frankly, to call a soldier a murderer, theyre just doing their job, its probably what theyre good at and i doubt they (like many murderers) relish the thought of killing someone - i know i wouldnt. I also know people who have been in the military and to call them murderers is a disservice.
My friend who ive mentioned before, insists he is a pacifist. He too calls warfare murder, and it really annoys me. Murder implies crime which in turn implies wrong doing.
 
Cynic
In general I agree with you, but in specific context and under specific conditions, I think g0at's rejection is legitimate -- not that we're bound to agree with it. A hammer's job is to drive nails, and there's nothing wrong with that. But if you knew, while standing in line to be recruited as a hammer, that you were going to be part of a batch of hammers sent to the Blair Witch, you might reconsider.
 
Sugarfree
But humans are more specific in use than hammers. Say youre a poorly qualified hammer, or generaly not very good at driving nails, suppose your choice is so limited that you have no option but to join that bunch of hammers sent to the Blair Witch project.
I assume thats what you mean, if you mean its wrong to join the army when you know you might be sent to war thats absurd, war is the whole point of the army (other than some emrgiency situations i suppose).
 
Cynic
I wouldn't want to speak for g0at, but I'm not convinced that calling the actions in Iraq murder is necessarily the same as calling the soldiers that did the killing murderers. I know that sounds convoluted, but bear with me. Murder is a (highly charged) term that adds a dimension of accusation to the act of killing, which is more matter-of-fact and neutral.

The reason I say there is a difference is because soldiers are hammers. Sure, they're more than that, but functionally they aren't given much discretion. But you wouldn't call a hammer a murderer -- you'd call the one weilding it that.
 
Jump to Forum: