View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » YouTube
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
g0at
IGExpandingPanda
RayvenAlandria wrote:
CD, Panda showed up because I emailed him and asked if he remembered g0at and told him that Tim showed up here claiming I sent him some hateful emails, (which was a complete lie). Tim's lies kind of caught me off guard and I wanted to know if Panda knew what he'd been up to after I left the RRS.

Sorry, g0at was never on my radar. I may read at a decent clip, but most of the RRS crap I just skimmed though. I got the impression that he was one of the true believers for a time. It's rather why I said he was a formal member, BS him self said he was a member and linked to his vids.

RayvenAlandria
Yes, g0at was a huge fanboi for a time. Someone told me he was one of the people in that bogus RRS academy giving *college level classes* but they may have been mistaken. I didn't care enough to go to the RRS and check to see if it was true.

If Tim comes back I suppose we can ask him. Maybe that's part of why he left the RRS, perhaps he got in pretty deep and then realized they are full of shit and were using him. I have not a clue though, that's just sheer speculation. There had to have been some reason he backed away from the RRS though. Mine was the *Nikki episode*, I wonder what his was. I am curious since he was such a hard-core supporter during the time I was there.

IGExpandingPanda
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Panda, what is that picture? Two guys making artwork? I can't tell from the picture what's on the canvases in the background? is it calligraphy?

They have nice physiques. Cool

Just sayin'

It's really calligraphy. It's not a joke. Obviously everyone doesn't do it, but it's not uncommon to see someone with a bucket and a mop sized bush practicing writing on the sidewalk with water. These people are using real ink and largish paper.

The pic in question was from the Upaya Zen Center.
farm1.static.flickr.com/145/376924010_d5d0cd940d_o.jpg

[img]http://guanxiblogs.com/frankyu/files/2007/05/chinese-calligraphy-practicing-in-beihai-park-beijing.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.
[img]http://www.artsboard.wisconsin.gov/static/folkdir/images/kwong3_2.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

learn moar: http://www.artsbo...kwong3.htm

RayvenAlandria
Cool. Calligraphy is so pretty.

jayon
calligraphy
a thousand words
in one

Cynic
Jayon! How've you been? Got that three-body problem licked yet?

Cynic
I just want to hear what g0at has to say for himself, rather than what everyone else wants to say for him. Anonymity, the chance to make one's own impressions, and the possibility of starting over are three of my favorite things about the internet. I'd be horrified if I said something regrettable or something that was misconstrued and then someone showed up everywhere I went or wanted to go and went all banshee on my ass about it.

I understand that he wronged you in some former internet life and all, but from what I've observed, there aren't too many corners of the planet you haven't been wronged. And that, more than anything, makes me want to here his side of things, if he should declare it any of my business, which it isn't.

RayvenAlandria
Hmmm, interesting way to word things Cynic. I think I understand you much better now.

If you want to know what kind of person Tim is, read his own words. Read his first post, in which he claims I sent some hateful emails, and even goes so far as to quote them. Once his lies are uncovered he acts as though the *accident* was minor and perfectly understandable. You want "his own words"? They were right there in front of you if you wanted to actually analyze them and the behavior behind them. He aso has many youtube videos and interactions with the people who commented on them, go watch and read and form an opinion.

As for the particular instance I spoke about, if he wanted to discuss the conversation he and I had in the RRS stickam room, he could have done so. He chose not to.

RayvenAlandria
I just want to hear what g0at has to say for himself, rather than what everyone else wants to say for him. Anonymity, the chance to make one's own impressions, and the possibility of starting over are three of my favorite things about the internet. I'd be horrified if I said something regrettable or something that was misconstrued and then someone showed up everywhere I went or wanted to go and went all banshee on my ass about it.

What a very strange thing to say. You seem to think I followed him around and "went all banshee on his ass"? Are you serious? Who is an admin at this site?...ummm, that would be me, who showed up and attacked me in his very first post?... ummm, that would be him. Who followed who and who went all banshee?

Are you on drugs?

g0at
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Cynic wrote:
This dude has been under constant attack since before he even joined the site and now he's the one who needs to learn humility?

Maybe that's because he abused someone on this site.

Cynic, if someone treats me like shit in the past and they show up here, or someone links to videos the person has made and claims they are a great person, do you really think I am supposed to sit there and say nothing? I would not expect you to sit quietly if the same thing happened to you.

Thinking we should not voice our opinion in such a situation is ridiculous. If someone treated one of you like shit in the past and they showed up here, you damned well bet I would want you to tell me about them and what they did to you.

Voice your opinion all you want, but don't spread lies. FYI , I am not associated with the RRS. I turned down their offer to promote one of my videos, and turned down Brian's offer to speak at the capital over a year ago. I can't stand Rook's guts and I want to have nothing to do with them. All of this history is verifiable online, time stamped and dated with videos. I have not been associated with them for almost a year and a half. I just can't stand people who make rash accusations. For instance, you said I taught classes on their online education forum thing. I don't even know anything about that. It is just silly, and you have lost all of my respect. I have never personally attacked you , to my knowledge. And you weren't even clear as to exactly what I said. You have never contacted me outside of stickam. Seems pretty pathetic.

IGExpandingPanda
g0at wrote:
Voice your opinion all you want, but don't spread lies. FYI , I am not associated with the RRS. I turned down their offer to promote one of my videos, and turned down Brian's offer to speak at the capital over a year ago. I can't stand Rook's guts and I want to have nothing to do with them. All of this history is verifiable online, time stamped and dated with videos. I have not been associated with them for almost a year and a half. I just can't stand people who make rash accusations. For instance, you said I taught classes on their online education forum thing. I don't even know anything about that. It is just silly, and you have lost all of my respect. I have never personally attacked you , to my knowledge. And you weren't even clear as to exactly what I said. You have never contacted me outside of stickam. Seems pretty pathetic.

You "are" not associated with the RRS. You WERE associated with the RRS.

Whether you taught classes on their RRS Academy, well, I don't know if Rayven said that specifically. Where you part of the RRS Academy? I don't know since Rook took it down, totally down. Nikki was part of the RRS Academy, though I have no idea if she knew she was.
http://www.socale....com/rook/ [mia]

Hmmm, I can't google up the reference, in fact ALL the Fyre86 messages are gone, well except a link to this image on cafepress
[img]http://images.cafepress.com/product/107913850v20_240x240_Front.jpg[/img] is not a valid Image.

Even shit I know for a fact I linked to in the past is now no longer accessible.

The Rational Response Squad Academy is a new effort for us here at the Squad (2-07). We're proud to announce that we will be dedicating some energy into bringing you college level courses for free (thanks to those who donate for enabling us) in one of our webcam rooms. The format of these lectures/lessons will be that we will expect "students" to register and the classes will be geared towards registered students so that discussions will start with a particular topic and go through a logical progression from start to finish, registered "students" will not be sidetracked by onlookers who ask questions that have already been covered. In other words if you miss part of a series, you're likely to not have your questions addressed in these rooms if your question deals with an area covered in a past discussion from that specific "teacher." Registering for a class will be as easy as responding in the thread describing that course.

We hope to have a varying selection of experts ranging from fields in evolutionary biology to astrophysics to philosophy. If you have a professor or know of an expert who would be willing to give a few lectures/classes please inform him/her of this and have them contact us (or help arrange the discussion yourself).

Look in this forum for the RRS Academy Admins to post course information, and get ready to learn, discussions are on the way. A large portion of these discussions will be recorded via audio or video and available for later download or viewing.

Your Academy Leaders:
Fyre86, Tomcat, Rook_Hawkins, and Sapient
(former location)

So in all fairness to g0at, while he DOES have videos hosted on video.rationalresponders.com, something he may have no control over, there is no evidence that he was part of the RRS Academy.

However, that doesn't mean they didn't site him in one of their presentations, which are presently among the missing. Keep in mind that the RRS talks a lot of shit, and as such misinformation by be a direct result from them. I wouldn't blame Rayven for thinking that you were part of the Academy, I'm sure many people were a part of it who have no clue they were a part of it.
Edited by IGExpandingPanda on 12/02/2008 00:41

IGExpandingPanda
Ah here we are
http://www.ration...de?page=32

Righto, g0at and the "The Rational Response Squad Academy" are spoken of on the same page. That would explain why I thought g0at was a part of it.

The videos linked on that page do fall into the year and 1/2 catagory.

RayvenAlandria
Tim, I never said you were part of the RRS academy, I said someone told me you were but I was not sure if that were true. You either cannot read worth a shit or you are incredibly dishonest and think people won't call you on your bullshit.

I am glad you were not a part of that *academy* scam, (or at least didn't know you were a part of it if they did attach your name to something.) It's good to know you would not stoop so low as to rip off unsuspecting people the way the RRS has done.
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 12/02/2008 00:51

RayvenAlandria
I just went to the RRS site and couldn't find a way to search. I decided to log in to see if one would pop up. I was able to log in so I guess they never deleted my account. How funny.

I still can't find away to search though. I was going to search for some of g0at's old posts or mentions of g0at. How do you manage to find anything at the RRS site, Panda?

RayvenAlandria
I finally noticed the google search function. I'll see if anything interesting pops up.

http://www.ration...ube_videos
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 12/02/2008 01:20

IGExpandingPanda
RayvenAlandria wrote:
I just went to the RRS site and couldn't find a way to search. I decided to log in to see if one would pop up. I was able to log in so I guess they never deleted my account. How funny.

I still can't find away to search though. I was going to search for some of g0at's old posts or mentions of g0at. How do you manage to find anything at the RRS site, Panda?

In theory, logged in users get search privileges and such, but I would have to login and see. I don't presently have an account there.

They have a "google" search, which is pretty fucking lame. It does the trick but it's geared toward rationalresponders.com. It'll turn up all the shit on their sub domains including video.rationalresponders.com.

Anyhow I visit google and for search I type in "site://www.rationalresponders.com whatever" you can change that to rationalresponders.com, video.rationalresponders.com, www.rationalrespo... or whatever. They obviously need to have a better organized site if they want to depend on google for decent searches.

The problem is google doesn't always index all the words of the site, and there is a delay between posts and google indexing the site.

This is one of my pet peves about the site. They "claim" to have a ton of useful information on the site. They might very well have, but it's worthless without an index and a useful search engine, a local one, that you can search for shit based by username, forum, and keywords. The drupal search engine they have is fucking broken, and they've never bothered to fix it. Also they didn't like the fact that it took up so much CPU time, which is a sign they fucked something up.

IGExpandingPanda
RayvenAlandria wrote:
Tim, I never said you were part of the RRS academy, I said someone told me you were but I was not sure if that were true. You either cannot read worth a shit or you are incredibly dishonest and think people won't call you on your bullshit.

I am glad you were not a part of that *academy* scam, (or at least didn't know you were a part of it if they did attach your name to something.) It's good to know you would not stoop so low as to rip off unsuspecting people the way the RRS has done.

I just reread what you said and what you said was very clear. G0at is just being a paranoid nut in this case. I mean, I sort of understand you asserted that someone thought he was part of the Academy. That person could have very well have been me. There is no evidence to back this up, and I'm going to depend on gOats word that he wasn't. He was however a true believer, formal member, and got his videos published in their newsletter 1.5 years ago at the same time they started up the Academy. It's easy to see how someone could get confused on a minor point, being part of the Academy and making YT videos with educational content, which is pretty much all the Academy was, well, Stickam and shitty power point presentations that have been taken down.

Let's review

1) G0at made a bunch of YT videos which are linked to on the RRS
2) G0at helped educate people, including those on the RRS

It's not such a big leap to presume he was part of the Academy. The worst you can say about that claim is it's incorrect.

RayvenAlandria
It wasn't you who told me g0at was a member of the RRS academy staff. It was another former RRS member who also flew the coop and now hates them. We were chatting one night about the scams RRS has pulled and we started talking about the academy. I asked him who was involved in the scam and he rattled off a few names, one of which was g0at's. He said the classes had something to do with EMT training and something else.

I don't think this person would purposely lie, so if g0at was not in fact giving any of the *academy* classes/training, I will assume someone at the RRS claimed he was or they were trying to talk him into it and the person I spoke with was told incorrect info. It's not really all that important, I was just curious if it was true.

ETA; I just realized something. It's possible that they placed g0at's videos in the academy section and that's why people thought he was a part of the academy. Since that whole section of the website is gone, I can't go check to see if that might have been the case. They did give g0at his own special section to do a "g0at show" and post his videos, perhaps that's what people were referring to. They may have assumed he was part of the RRS staff.
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 12/02/2008 02:01

g0at
Listen, I have voiced my negative opinion of the RRS. Here is my proof.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate the RRS now, and I have voiced this opinion in the past .

August 27, 2007

" I am against organized atheism"

http://www.youtub...jejWkduOsQ

" I left the rational response squad"

I don't know what else you need. The end.

RayvenAlandria
I am looking through some old RRS stuff and it's making me a bit sad. I see posts from people I haven't talked to in years and who I liked. Hellfiend, Zombie, Bumble, and many others. I wonder if they still hang with the RRS or if they saw the truth about them and left.

Jump to Forum: