View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » LGBT
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Candace Gingrich pens a letter to Newt
Skeeve
Great letter, covers all the points.

Dear Newt,

I recently had the displeasure of watching you bash the protestors of the Prop 8 marriage ban to Bill O'Reilly on FOX News. I must say, after years of watching you build your career by stirring up the fears and prejudices of the far right, I feel compelled to use the words of your idol, Ronald Reagan, "There you go, again."

However, I realize that you may have been a little preoccupied lately with planning your resurrection as the savior of your party, so I thought I would fill you in on a few important developments you might have overlooked.

See the rest at The Huffington Post
Edited by Skeeve on 11/23/2008 11:52
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

seeker
That is a good letter Skeeve. The level of dishonesty involved in using people's prejudices to stay in power is staggering IMO and I'm glad to see some of these people finally called on it.

derF
I agree with Ms. Gingrich. These old dinosaurs like Newt and company are nearing irrrelevancy. Eventually they will become nothing more than an obnoxious, loud, screeching unimportant minority.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Bob of QF
derF wrote:
I agree with Ms. Gingrich. These old dinosaurs like Newt and company are nearing irrrelevancy. Eventually they will become nothing more than an obnoxious, loud, screeching unimportant minority.

We may but hope what you say is true.

If I was at all superstitious, I would cross my fingers AND toes! Grin
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: