View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » Music Discussions
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Wanna Smile?
neilmarr
This actually brought a sentimental tear to my eye ... I'd almost forgotten what sheer fun music can be when you're young and bright. Have fun. Neil

http://www.youtub...eP1Klmk0ng

Skeeve
Neil, you're the best! She's a great find, YouTube has so many talented people.

Here's another one I like:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/t3Tk2-L9dwI&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

After the song she does abit of talking about her life (vlogging, Cynic Grin)
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

neilmarr
Lovely smiles those kids have -- and the happiest-looking lass of all has a fine voice, to boot. Good on 'em. Hope this new idea -- simply having fun -- catches on. I'm a great fan of youthful enthusiasm, hurts me and disappoints me when kids don't feel it. Only realised when I saw your clip, Skeeve, that she seems to have a following outsdide her room, too. Neil

PS: Although she's blonde, she's my dark-haired daughter Kirsty's double when she was that age (not too long ago). N
Edited by neilmarr on 11/26/2008 07:45

catman
Very nice indeed. It gives me some hope for the future of music. It's a helluva lot better than the doom-laden stuff that many kids listen to. I had no idea that ukelele had such popularity.

The second one mentioned that she is taking a course on The Beatles. Cool! That is analogous to me taking a course on Bix Beiderbecke when I was her age. (If you don't know who that was, he was a very fine and inventive jazz cornetist who died in 1931.)
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
Okay, I'm hooked. I like talent.

Anyone notice she's doing the main voice, and the harmony too? By re-recording the 2nd, 3rd voices, etc. Love technology. Smile (the earpiece she wears on the 2nd/3rd parts is presumably how she keeps in time)
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Jump to Forum: