View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Lounge
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Hypatia
Wishing everyone a fabulous Thanksgiving.

Hope it's happy, safe if you're traveling, tasty and filling, and made to order for the atheist, or at least tolerable for those spending the day with fundy (or close to it) family/friends.

Here's to another year of having all of you on my list of what I'm thankful for in my life (so I'm corny, have another drink, eat another helping of mashed potatoes and laugh hardy!).

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/turkydance1.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/oregonian_winesmiley.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

RayvenAlandria
Thanks and Happy Turkey Day to everyone.

I gotta go make potatoes now.

mmmmmmm......piiiiiieeee.

seeker
For those of you who don't live in the US, Happy Thursday.

General-Pryce
Thank you Seeker, tis a glorious Thursday indeed and I have a cold!

To our American brethren- Happy Thanksgiving.

To our Canadian Brethren- Belated Happy Thanksgiving.

catman
Hypatia: If you can laugh now after eight years of Bush Jr, you are indeed hardy.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
Happy Turkey* Day, everyone.

* or the meat substitute of your choice.
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

RayvenAlandria
I am overly full and with undoubtedly gain another ten pounds.

I am laying on the bed watching my son play "Little Big Planet". My turn is next. I totally suck, really. My turns are short. Grin I ordered a second controller so we can play together but it's not here yet.

derF
Oy. I am so stuffed I can't move. Will someone hand me another slice of Pumpkin Pie? Thanks and best wishes. My thanks go out to you all.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

neilmarr
Get well soon, ya colonial gluttons. Neil

Doubting Thomas
This is a thanksgiving we won't forget... My 77-year-old mom was carrying a bowl of leftover food outside to give to the cats and tripped on the threshold. When she fell, the bowl broke and cut her thumb & wrist. She had to get several stitches to sew up her injuries. Luckily she didn't break anything even though the shoulder she landed on was sore.

Thankfully (no pun intended) she's doing OK now, although pretty sore.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

RayvenAlandria
That's scary DT, the elderly can break a hip easily in a fall like that. I'm glad she's okay.

catman
DT: I second Rayven's post. I went to Dallas and stuffed myself on a huge spread which my 88-year-old mother prepared. She fell in the driveway about three years ago and broke her hip and wrist. The hip healed quickly, but the wrist took a long time.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
Well happy day after thanksgiving all Smile

I was stuffed last night and ended up not having desert. I was really too good. Tonight I'm haveing a few drinks but will limit myself. I'm getting too fat! I lost 40 pounds a few years ago and don't want to put it all back on.

DT that sucks what happened to your Mom. She could have been much more hurt and her shoulder could have ended up broken or worse torn ligiments with an awful rotary cuff injury. I know how much that hurts. Sheesh. I hope she heels and feels better soon.

Um gotta ask though did the cats get to eat their dinner? I'll bet they scattered like little mice.

Hypatia
DT - sorry your mom took a fall, but glad to hear it wasn't any worse than it was. Hope she'll heal well and quickly.

Wow Cat - 88 yrs. and still making a Thanksgiving spread - that's really something - very special, indeed.

Sinny! You and I were both good girls. Except I did have dessert, just not too much of it, and I didn't over-stuff myself with dinner. I lost 34 lbs. over the last couple of years, and while I could have kept a couple of them, I've been trying to make sure I don't pack them back on again.

I'm still keeping the clothes that range in every size known to woman-kind though. Heh heh. (That's confidence for ya.)

catman
Every time I lose any weight, it isn't long before I find it. I have lots of clothing I probably won't ever be able to fit into again. (How's that for confidence?)

Hypatia
Catman wrote:
Every time I lose any weight, it isn't long before I find it.

Heh heh. That's funny Cat.

(sorry)

Jump to Forum: