View Thread

Atheists Today » Taking it easy » Books
 Print Thread
Judaism Discovered
Skeeve
Judaism Discovered by Michael Hoffman
First Edition 2008

This book was given to me by a friend at work.

Where to begin...whew! At first glance this seems like a well researched expos
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
 
Bob of QF
[quote]Skeeve wrote:
Judaism Discovered by Michael Hoffman
First Edition 2008

This book was given to me by a friend at work.

Where to begin...whew! At first glance this seems like a well researched expos
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.
 
Skeeve
True, but these guys "really did", lol Grin

*edit

Or I should say, "These guys wrote something different than what the first guys wrote, and when the first guys wrote it was really, really god telling them to, but when the second guys came along and changed that, it was really, really, really god that told them to."

Or something like that.
Edited by Skeeve on 11/28/2008 20:38
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine
 
Bob of QF
Skeeve wrote:
True, but these guys "really did", lol Grin

*edit

Or I should say, "These guys wrote something different than what the first guys wrote, and when the first guys wrote it was really, really god telling them to, but when the second guys came along and changed that, it was really, really, really god that told them to."

Or something like that.


You just have to admire the chutzpah of someone claiming to know "what god REALLY meant".....
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.
 
catman
There are fanatics of all stripes, even without a god on their side. The god-belief makes fanaticism more likely, though, since it is given divine sanction, above any law made by mortals.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Bob of QF
catman wrote:
There are fanatics of all stripes, even without a god on their side. The god-belief makes fanaticism more likely, though, since it is given divine sanction, above any law made by mortals.


Excellent point.

It is possible to argue with "in my opinion".

The only way to argue with "god said so" is with "no he didn't"


*sigh*
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.
 
Jump to Forum: