View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Rant Room
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Stupid email
Doubting Thomas
*duplicate post deleted*
Edited by Doubting Thomas on 12/05/2008 13:02
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Doubting Thomas
AAARGH! I hate receiving this crap in my inbox.

You have been chosen to receive the Blessing of the Snow Fairy! The Snow Fairy will bring you good luck for one year! May you be blessed by his good deeds!

You must pass the Snow Fairy to 7 people within 60 seconds to receive your one year blessing....HURRY!

Does anyone really believe this stupid crap, or is this something they just consider "fun" to keep passing around? This is the same stupid bullshit that kept people sending chain letters around the world. "Send this to 5 people and have good luck. If you don't send this, you'll have bad luck and die friendless."

Are people just so bored that they feel like they need to make something up like this and try to get people to forward it nonstop? And what's worse are the dumbasses who keep forwarding this crap! Get a fucking life! And notice that the people who forward this crap always fail to delete the hundereds of lines of email addresses it was forwarded to? One of these messages is a spammer's dream.
Edited by Doubting Thomas on 12/05/2008 13:05

Skeeve
It's almost as bad as those people that post then repost the same message to forums. :lol:

*edited to add:

I see what happened, you clicked "Quote" instead of "Edit" Grin
Edited by Skeeve on 12/05/2008 12:30
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Doubting Thomas
Well took care of that problem.

At least I didn't quote a 200-line post only to add "Me too" as I've often seen on usenet.
Edited by Doubting Thomas on 12/05/2008 13:04

Cynic
I haven't seen that sort of thing in a while, though I don't use Usenet or old-school BBS programs, or email distribution lists anymore. It used to be bad, and usually came with predictable (and understandable) bitching about how it took an hour and a half to suck the digest through their 42bps straw only to find a much of me toos and spam. I'm not sure if nettiquette is catching on or if I just avoid unruly places now. Smile

cheshiredragon
Doubting Thomas wrote:

At least I didn't quote a 200-line post only to add "Me too" as I've often seen on usenet.

OMG...Me too!
That's right, I said it...

jayon
cheshiredragon wrote:
Doubting Thomas wrote:

OMG...Me too!

That post wasn't 200 hundred lines, but it was still funny.

Hypatia
I'm convinced the people who send that crap have absolutely nothing better to do with their time/lives, and can be amused by the most nonsensical of nonsense. And, they probably all believe in god.

catman
jayon wrote:That post wasn't 200 hundred lines, but it was still funny.
200 hundred? That would be twenty thousand (20,000), a long post indeed. Sorry, jayon, I couldn't resist.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: