View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » HELP!
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My Website
General-Pryce
Okay technophiles, i need some help!

I'm finally moving off of using Geocities Free as the company for the Tours needs a professional look. As such I have bought a small ammount of webspace on a server here in Britain. I have designed the site through Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 and I'm using EnsimPro for the server or webspace thingy- whatever it is its what I log into to upload my site.

But thats the problem, I can't get the site off my computer and onto their server no matter what I do. I have tried uploading manually through File Manager, tried FTP but macromedia wont recognise the Server Password even though it is accurate and I can't get it onto the server any other way. I even downloaded something called FileZilla which said transfer complete but actually did bugger all.

Help anyone, I need the site up and running ASAP as there is another tour company starting soon and I need to get a presence out there.

Sinny
I wishi I could help you GP. I have no idea how. Maybe if you check with the company to make sure Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 is compatable with using EnsimoPro. You know how sometimes you can't use a certain site or download a program unless it's considered compatable to your own program you're using. I might be way off base here but I would try e-mailing them. Or do a search in the the site you are using. Like where you bought the server or web space.

Theory_Execution
I have never messed around with a website myself, but my brother has.

Here's his website;

http://www.ritchi...

He does make money that way, but he may possibly give you some pointers if you say that I pointed you in his direction.

Give me a shout on here if you are thinking of emailing him and I will send him a text to see if he can help.

catman
GP: You might try getting in contact with CheshireDragon. His e-mail address is listed in his member info. If anyone would know, he would.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

jayon
Theory_Execution wrote:
I have never messed around with a website myself, but my brother has.

Here's his website;

http://www.ritchi...

He does make money that way, but he may possibly give you some pointers if you say that I pointed you in his direction.

Give me a shout on here if you are thinking of emailing him and I will send him a text to see if he can help.

Lol, is that Dr. Who's TARDIS on his page or just another phone booth?

General-Pryce
Cheers guys.

This is going to sound really, really stupid. We're talking fundie stupid here.

The reason the thing wouldn't work, the problems, the running around like a headless chicken is because....

I entered the wrong login name Sad Password was fine, login is wrong.

Its always the silly little things.

Theres a few things that need sorting from an aesthetic point of view, and I need to play around a little to get the page to show up properly on all monitors (At the mo, on some screens its too big and you need to scroll, others there's a white border).

But, its up already. It won;t show up in a search engine, and I need to sort a few things out to make it all accurate. But its done.

www.edintours.co.uk

I know, the buttons on the left are crap. They're going!

catman
GP: Nice! I've done enough "fundie stupid" things in my life to cast aspersions. The colour scheme is rather garish, but it goes along with the subject matter. Besides, purple is my favorite colour.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Theory_Execution
Just an old phone booth Jayon. They are slowly phasing them out as more and more people buy and use mobile phones.

I havent used a public telephone for years. Actually cant remember the last time.

General-Pryce
I use one if I'm in town and my mobile is out of credit - which is most of the time!

Edinburgh is one of the few cities where I've seen the old Red boxes still on display. Also, there are a few 1950s police boxes still around- TARDIS to Dr. Who fans! But they are wither unused or they have been adapted into the worlds smallest coffee stalls!

Skeeve
What happened to this, GP?

I was hoping to take the Grand Tour in the future and surprise ya'll one day.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Jump to Forum: