View Thread

Atheists Today » Power and Control » Election 2008 (US)
 Print Thread
whoo hoo A President who owns up
Sinny
I can't hardly believe my ears. At 1:36 President Obama take responsibility. I don't think I have ever heard a US President admit it. He not only admits it but does what I do move on and concentrate's on fixing the problem instead of making it worse by covering it up, looking to place blame on someone else or wallow away about a mistake being made in the first place. I thought I was the only person on earth who focuses on what to do next to rectify it.

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/29002023#29002023[/url]
Edited by Sinny on 02/03/2009 23:03

catman
It is especailly noteworthy coming after Dubya, who was always doing the right thing [cough] and saying that history would look kindly upon his Presidency. If the history is written by the USA's enemies, perhaps so.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

jayon
I agree. He took responsibility for it, and it probably wasn't even his fault. He probably got the nominations from other people that said they were good. Regardless, he took the blame very well, and headed on. Screw people that want to cover it up in positions like that. Hell, if we all screw up, might as well let everyone know how things are going. Don't keep us in the dark. That's when you get all these conspiracy theories, because some dumb ass can't tell the truth from the beginning.

RayvenAlandria
I am hoping he is as ethical as he appears to be. He seems to be an INFJ. (personality type). If so, this is a good thing. Healthy INFJ's are highly moral, to the point of being anal about it. If an INFJ goes to the dark side, they can be dangerous but if they are good people, they can do wonderful things. I'm not positive he's an INFJ, but I keep hearing him say things so similar to the way I think that I am beginning to suspect he is. Although, I suppose it could mean that his speech writer is one, and not him. LOL

So far I am happy with him. I hope it's not a bunch of fluffy BS. Time will tell I suppose.

Doubting Thomas
catman wrote:
It is especailly noteworthy coming after Dubya, who was always doing the right thing [cough] and saying that history would look kindly upon his Presidency.

Well of course! God was telling him what to do!
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
Oh...I forgot about that. Shame on me.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: