View Thread

Atheists Today » The Real World » Evolution
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Anti evolution letter
Cynic
The people you're arguing against have probably read less of their own bible than there are characters in the bibliography at the end of your rebuttal. Wink

What are you working on these days, SS? I've been trying to self-teach myself advanced bioinformatics as part of a volunteer position.

Solidsquid
Cynic wrote:What are you working on these days, SS? I've been trying to self-teach myself advanced bioinformatics as part of a volunteer position.

I'm finishing up my thesis actually...finally...and I'm also working for the Army doing some testing on some new medical technology and also doing some human factors assessments. I'm actually working on a proposal for a new research study right now for the Army and it's worth $1,000,000 if it gets funded. I actually got my pre-proposal accepted and now working on the full proposal. I just heard from chief of the Army side that if the project gets picked up I'll be an associate investigator since it was my idea (unfortunately I can't be a principal investigator since I don't have my Ph.D. and I'm not a government employee - just a private contractor).

As for stuff aside from that I've decided after I graduate this May, in the fall I'll be going back to get my nursing degree. I'll probably keep working as a contractor until I get my RN and then look for a permanent medical research position to get into. I'm actually looking forward to going back and doing undergraduate level work - it'll be a welcome change after all the grad work.

Bioinformatics? Very cool. That's one of those fields that's just going to grow exponentially in the future and a great field to learn about.

Jump to Forum: