View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gospel singer charged with battery
Doubting Thomas
http://www.wsmv.c...etail.html
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Bob of QF
Doubting Thomas wrote:
http://www.wsmv.c...etail.html

Hate-cult is as hate-cult does. What do we expect?
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Doubting Thomas
I know, it's just another in a long line of hypocritical "fine upstanding Christians" doing something un-Christian. But, of course, his god will forgive him and he'll still get into heaven.

Sinny
Video: Singer Charged With Domestic Assault

Debra Winans said her former husband BeBe Winans, 46, pushed her to the ground in front of their children. The two were married for 16 years before divorcing in 2003.

The alleged assault happened when BeBe Winans showed up at his ex-wife's Nashville home and the two began arguing about custody issues. Debra and BeBe Winans have a 13-year-old daughter and 10-year-old son.

According to an affidavit, what started out as a "verbal altercation" turned into assault when Debra Winans was "pushed to the ground."

Later, the Grammy-winning Gospel recording artist and judge of the Black Entertainment Television reality show "Sunday Best" was arrested.

"When you're married to someone known all over the world, it has serious challenges," said Debra Winans.

Debra Winans said people of faith are held to an even higher standard, and many Christians suffer through abuse rather than reaching out for help.

"Until you realize something's not changing, you pray all day long. The power of God is real, but one thing he's not going to do is go against someone's will. We make choices," said Debra Winans.

She said she is not afraid of her former husband and hopes by speaking out she will help others.

A spokesman for BeBe Winans said the singer is in Atlanta working as a judge on a BET program. As of Thursday evening, there was no statement from BeBe Winans regarding his ex-wife's allegations.

Debra Winans said she is working with other abuse victims in hopes of helping them find healthy solutions to their problem.

Not only are they held to a higher standard in that the women must, according to the religion, bible and the god....ok the men who make up the religion, wrote the bible and put the name god to it, but also held to a higher in that christians are suppose to show love and guidance towards their spouse's not abuse. The men are not to abuse their wives. Yet they make up their own bullshit only because the whole god, bible and religion is made up from bullshit.

But just goes to show how anyone can claim to believe in a god and use it to abuse and keep the abused in line to tolerate it by using nothing more than wishing attempts to stop it. If this article is true and he did do this then I hope she does speak out more and gets more people in an abusive situation to speak out.

I told that to a woman years ago while at work in court. She was horrified at the thought of speaking out to people. I told her if it were me I would shout it to everyone what he did. The more quiet you keep this the more power he has over you. You shouldn't feel shamed into being a submissive punching bag. I have never forgotten the look on that woman's face.

I hope this woman doesn't go through what Vanessa Williams went through.

Almost forgot. What happened to the god intervening? Let's see it won't change people's will but at the same time it does change people, seriously WTF. :headscratch:
Edited by Sinny on 03/16/2009 17:08

Doubting Thomas
I guess that also shows why the "power" of prayer has absolutely no power at all. It's all just wishful thinking.

Sinny, I know what you mean about using religion to keep the abused in line. My wife's sister finally left her controlling, verbally abusive husband after six years of marriage. All throughout their marriage, even though they've always had problems, he kept her from leaving by convincing her that if she got a divorce she would go to hell for not keeping her wedding vows. And even now, she's still worried that somehow she's offending God by leaving him. Not that I recommend talking to a priest for guidance, but it did her a lot of good in this situation because he basically told her that she is a martyr for putting up with her husband's controlling ways and keeping her from her religion.
Edited by Doubting Thomas on 03/17/2009 08:17

RayvenAlandria
Yes, many people (not just men) use the religion as a way to keep their spouse from leaving. They also use it as a way to abuse.

The bible, as usual, contradicts itself. It states in one place to love thy family but in other places tells you to stone disobedient children and wives to death. It's a truly disgusting religion.

My view on this particular case is that both the Wynans are most likely abusive scum. I suspect they are both manipulators and to be honest, I am not sure who I believe is the worst abuser. The guy may have pushed her to the ground, but in terms of abuse, that really isn't a big deal. I get the feeling she's trying to play abuse victim and may not actually be one. That's just as evil as being an abuser.

We have no idea what was said and done before the alleged pushing. I can see a situation in which a person could taunt another into pushing them. From what I read, he didn't beat the crap out of her, he shoved her and she fell. (What I read was a couple of days ago though, maybe more info has been released).

So, I am on the fence. She may be an abuse victim but my gut tells me she's not. I do think he may have pushed her, but I think she's using that to get sympathy and attention, and that the push may not have been as bad as she claims it was.

I know what I say may come across as cold, but let me explain where I'm coming from. I've been a domestic abuse victim, my first husband was a wife beater. (I married at 16 and had self esteem problems caused by my father's suicide. I was with the abuser on and off for a couple of years, then he harassed and stalked me another five or six).

Because of my past, I try to resist the urge to have knee jerk reactions and believe the female *victim* just because I was once one. Abuse is a horrible thing and I try to help victims when I can, but there are cases in which the person claiming abuse is lying. I make an effort to analyze the situation and judge each situation independently and keep my personal experiences separate. In most cases the abuse victim is telling the truth, but every now and then someone pretends to be a victim when they aren't one. Those people royally piss me off because they detract attention away from real victims who actually need help.
Edited by RayvenAlandria on 03/17/2009 11:41

Sinny
Yes it could be that she isn't an abused victim and figures it could mean more money if she is planning to divorce him. it could be that this is all a publicity stunt. Either way the pushing/shoving is assault if nothing else.

Doubting Thomas
Regardless of whether or not he was goaded into it, if he did indeed shove her he was not going by what Jesus taught about turning the other cheek.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have reacted in the same way in that situation, it's just that I don't pretend that I'm better because of a religion.

RayvenAlandria
Even that is up for debate DT, again there are contradictions. Jesus violently turned over the tables of the greedy people in the temple. That's not very "turn the cheek" ish, neither is stoning your children to death if they don't obey.

There's lots and lots of violence in the bible, genocide too.

Sinny
Doubting Thomas wrote:
Regardless of whether or not he was goaded into it, if he did indeed shove her he was not going by what Jesus taught about turning the other cheek.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have reacted in the same way in that situation, it's just that I don't pretend that I'm better because of a religion.

I agree DT the jesus did teach to turn the other cheek when someone harms you. Forgive their transgressions. He never said to kill or harm anyone but only to forgive. That's not to say he never got angry when it came to defending his god...er um Father LOL. The NT is different from the OT so I wouldn't be surprised to find he claims to worship the OT instead of the NT but then if he did they he couldn't say he accepts the jesus.

Jump to Forum: