View Thread

Atheists Today » Religion » Islam
 Print Thread
8-year-old girl's marriage ruled legal
Skeeve
A Saudi Arabian judge has refused to overturn a ruling that declared the arranged marriage of an 8-year-old girl to a 47-year-old man legal, a relative says.

The judge, Sheikh Habib Habib, ruled for the second time Saturday in Onaiza that the girl's marriage to a friend of her father's was legal and binding. He said the child wife could file for divorce once she reached puberty, CNN reported.

[url]http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/04/12/8-year-old-girls-marriage-ruled-legal/UPI-57701239536425/[/url]

Sick fucks. Thanks to our dependence on Saudi oil, there will be no outrage. Every one of these backward ass countries should be boycotted and sanctioned by the leading countries of the world.
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

General-Pryce
interesting. This is the type of thing that'd start Neil and Willie off, been a while since we've seen them!

8 year old girl. If it is accurate and not out of context then this is indeed sick with no Darwinian explanation other than a short circuit in the guys head! (The Pedo I mean)

The judge is just a dumbass

catman
"[The judge] said the child wife could file for divorce once she reached puberty..."

So she only has to suffer for four or five years. Well, that's nice of him.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Bob of QF
catman wrote:
"[The judge] said the child wife could file for divorce once she reached puberty..."

So she only has to suffer for four or five years. Well, that's nice of him.

Under Islamic law, a wife must have permission from her husband to get a divorce....

...wow.

If I had a irony meter, it would've pinged...
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

Skeeve
UPDATE:

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090430/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_saudi_child_marriage[/url]

[quote]CAIRO
"The world is my country, and do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

catman
That's good...but going back to such a father's household, not so good.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
[quote]By HADEEL AL-SHALCHI, Associated Press Writer Hadeel Al-shalchi, Associated Press Writer

derF
That's my problem with religions. Muslims in particular. They abide by a book that was written by a criminal, womanizing, pedophile. And now these crimes are perpetuated by these thugs who have been convinced that females are equivalent to cattle. They have no compunctions about buying, selling, trading and having their way with women of all persuasions. I know there are decent Muslims out there that recognize the ruinous effect conduct like this has on their societies but to my eyes very little is being done to correct the situation.
Edited by derF on 05/02/2009 01:23
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

catman
Sinny wrote:Here's an idea....if the Fathers {not that I consider them to be Fathers} are so concerned about being financially desperate then why not make it law that instead of selling their daughters have them sell themselves to big hairy, horny men in prison alone in a cell with them. Then maybe I wiill believe the Fathers are desperate and care about their families.

Sinny: That is a GREAT idea!Grin

Jump to Forum: