View Thread

Atheists Today » Religion » Mormonism
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What Are You Praying For
Sinny
I don't think this has been posted before so here it is. It's a good one to watch but heart breaking also. At about 1:20 I see a vulture just waiting.... It just breaks my heart.

http://www.youtub...r_embedded
Edited by Sinny on 05/12/2009 18:36

Doubting Thomas
That is a good video. To answer for the Christians, I'll just say that the starving people in Africa are not praying to the one true God. If they were, then they'd be just as well off as upstanding American Christians. But since they're praying to a false god, they're allowed to starve and suffer.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
Doubting Thomas wrote:To answer for the Christians...

Now that's what I call playing "devil's advocate"!Wink That is probably what they would say, though.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

derF
Are you lucky enough to have food to each every day? Good video but needed an editor. How can a caption like that go unnoticed? I seen way to much of that in Asia while in the Army. It is unavoidably depressing.

Edited because I don't have an editor and need one too. (sigh)
Edited by derF on 05/13/2009 01:18
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Doubting Thomas
catman wrote:
Now that's what I call playing "devil's advocate"!Wink

Or would that be "God's advocate?"

catman
Good point. But God has all too many advocates already!Frown
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Sinny
Doubting Thomas wrote:
That is a good video. To answer for the Christians, I'll just say that the starving people in Africa are not praying to the one true God. If they were, then they'd be just as well off as upstanding American Christians. But since they're praying to a false god, they're allowed to starve and suffer.

Ahh but I would come back with if the god had shown itself instead of relying on a book that not everyone can read then they would know it existed. So... those crusades...huh...seems they only work out when good PR is needed certainly not for the purpose of feeding the hungry because they are human beings in need. Hmm do unto others...must be just a phrase.

Sinny
Derf you make me laugh. :lol:

It figures you would be the one to catch that blunder and see they need an editor. Editor of all things when you almost always funnily edit your posts, ha ha ha.

Doubting Thomas
Sinny wrote:
Ahh but I would come back with if the god had shown itself instead of relying on a book that not everyone can read then they would know it existed.

But that's why God made so many people be missionaries, to spread the good word to the unwashed pagans around the world. Now when the missionaries tell the heathens about Jesus and they still reject him, then they deserve to suffer.

Man, I really could be a Christian apologist.

Jump to Forum: