View Thread

Atheists Today » Easy Reading » The Rant Room
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
This is F'ing stupid
Doubting Thomas
http://news.yahoo...busty_sign

A restaurant owner was ordered to remove a scantily-clad mannequin used for advertising or else cover it up. I mean, come on, it's a damn piece of plastic for chrissakes. What kind of puritan, Victorian society do we live in where people object to a mannequin in a bikini?
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

Sinny
Ha ha I bet the increase in customers is because the men thought the waitresses would be dressed like the mannequin.

That is a stupid thing to complain about. Sheesh it's a mannequin not an underaged model or even a live adult model. I wonder who made the complaint to begin with. It could have been a fundie, some weirdo who thinks a mannequin is competition or his competition

Either way like I said it's a stupid thing to complain about. If it was displayed in a window would people complain about that too.

Doubting Thomas
Isn't it funny how fundies believe that we're made in God's image, but yet we need to make sure our naked bodies are covered at all times? It's especially funny when you consider that according to Christian mythology Adam & Eve were naked until they disobeyed God.

catman
Not only our naked bodies, but mannequins' naked forms too!
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Doubting Thomas
I guess the mannequins were made in man's image instead of God's, so they need to be covered up...

Cynic
Mannequins are getting pretty realistic. I'm waiting to see one with camel toe.

Hypatia
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the restaurant owner has received offers to buy the mannequin - and probably all from xtians. lol.

No doubt they want it to be anatomically correct for those who are buying - not those who would be admiring it in front of the establishment. It has to make 'that' kind of 'sense'. :wtf:

Adam Ajaja
A few years ago in England (2006 I think), Ann Summers was made to remove the male sex doll called "Mustafa Shag"

Nobody seemed to ask what the complaining muslims were doing IN a naughty shop (for women) in the first place?

General-Pryce
Adam Ajaja wrote:
A few years ago in England (2006 I think), Ann Summers was made to remove the male sex doll called "Mustafa Shag"

As a fan of the Lion King, I must protest at this disgusting attack on the head of the pride. I am glad it was removed as it would taint my viewing of the Lion King. Grin

Doubting Thomas
Mustafa Shag? Is he in any way related to the female sex doll named "Anita Dick?"

Bob of QF
Doubting Thomas wrote:
Mustafa Shag? Is he in any way related to the female sex doll named "Anita Dick?"

How about the Russian streetwalker named Ivana Fuck?
Quantum Junction: Use both lanes

Reality is that which is left, after you stop believing.

catman
:lol:

A remark which Mae West allegedly made which I really like:

Mae West, to record store employee: "How tall are you?"

He replied: "Six feet, seven inches."

Mae West: "Let's forget about the six feet and talk about the seven inches."

"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

derF
Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.

Jump to Forum: