View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Children in Africa accused of being witches
Doubting Thomas
http://www.cnn.co...index.html

Superstitious nonsense runs rampant in Nigeria, where children who misbehave or have epilepsy are accused of being witches or possessed by Satan.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
What a nauseating tale. Those child abusers aren't "so-called Christians", they are real Christians.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

RayvenAlandria
This has been going on for a very long time. I posted a myspace blog about it a year or so ago. What makes it even more sickening is that con-artist preachers go from town to town charging money to find *witches* and then rile up the morons to torture those *witches*. It's a huge money making scam and the rest of the world turns a blind eye to it because they are so afraid to offend religious people. It's disgusting.

And get this, Palin's favorite preacher, the whacko she credits with getting her elected, (his prayers were so powerful!), is one of those *witch hunter* preachers.

Doubting Thomas
This was brought up on another list I frequent, and there was some consternation about this quote:

"It is not the belief in witchcraft that we are concerned about," Foxcroft said. "We acknowledge people's right to hold this belief on the condition that this does not lead to child abuse."

That's kind of like saying, "We're not concerned with people disliking people of other races as long as it doesn't lead to racism." Of course this belief in witchcraft is what's leading to this child abuse. Get rid of the irrational, superstitious, stupid belief in witches, and these children would not be abused like they are. It's like everyone's afraid to confront people with stupid, irrational, superstitious beliefs, even when these beliefs are detrimental to a society.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.

catman
DT, I couldn't agree more. Everyone is so afraid of being direct, even when the situation cries out for it.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan

Jump to Forum: