View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hyvää Päivää!
Hypatia
Adam Ajaja wrote:
Ha haaa, a theist idiot on FB linked this very page as an example of atheist intolerance, how feeble.

Oh and no, Νάντια Τσάκαλη , I have not called my comments "respect for your beliefs". As I have stated time and again - even in this thread which you were clearly too stupid to understand - respect is EARNED


THIS page? As 'atheist intolerance'? This site even? Seriously?

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/17.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

Obviously the scope of theist intolerance has totally escaped them.

What ever.
 
Adam Ajaja
Hypatia wrote:
Adam Ajaja wrote:
Ha haaa, a theist idiot on FB linked this very page as an example of atheist intolerance, how feeble.

Oh and no, Νάντια Τσάκαλη , I have not called my comments "respect for your beliefs". As I have stated time and again - even in this thread which you were clearly too stupid to understand - respect is EARNED


THIS page? As 'atheist intolerance'? This site even? Seriously?

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/17.gif[/img] is not a valid Image.

Obviously the scope of theist intolerance has totally escaped them.

What ever.


Yeah, I think they are grasping at straws for evidence of naughty evil atheist types Grin
 
catman
I may be naughty on occasion, but I'm not evil.
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Hypatia
Adam Ajaja wrote:
Ha haaa, a theist idiot on FB linked this very page as an example of atheist intolerance, how feeble.

Oh and no, Νάντια Τσάκαλη , I have not called my comments "respect for your beliefs". As I have stated time and again - even in this thread which you were clearly too stupid to understand - respect is EARNED


If those theists would like to come on over and point out where/how on this thread, or elsewhere on the site, there are examples of 'atheist intolerance', or to have discussions pertaining to religion and non-theism, they are most welcome.

Unless they think backing up what they've asserted about this thread, and having insightful, rational discourse about subjects pertaining to religion, the fact that freedom of speech isn't just for christians anymore, and the fact that thiests don't complain about atheists not being intolerant unless we make ourselves known and/or say or do anything - positive or negative.

In the world of theists the only freedom of speech belongs to theists - the second anyone else speaks it is not equality, it is an attempt to silence the theists. I'd like them to come here and explain how they figure that is intolerance on the part of atheists, or anyone else.

For so long theists did what they wanted to with, for the most part, non-theists hanging in the background, saying little, if nothing. Once non-theists decided enough was enough and that we wanted a seat at the table, and that someone had to step in and make sure the separation of church and state is enforced, suddenly theists decide there is a conspiracy of intolerance against them.

Freedom of speech for all does not equal intolerance toward anyone. One (or, in this case, entire groups of people) must feel very fragile and unsure about their 'faith' and belief in 'god' to feel so threatened by other people exercising their freedom of speech that they would so incredibly and grotesquely misconstrue the exercising of an equal freedom into an intolerance conspiracy.

Come talk to us about it, especially if you disagree with anything I've said here, and/or if you think anything you've read on this site are examples of 'atheist intolerance'.
 
Adam Ajaja
"In the world of theists the only freedom of speech belongs to theists"

It's funny you should say that, Hypata, because the FB group concerned has removed its Discussion Board to stop atheists from arguing their POV

http://www.facebo...9413678..1
Edited by Adam Ajaja on 08/21/2009 08:02
 
Hypatia
Heh. Need I say more?

Unless the folks from that group (or any other, or any individual) would like to join us here for discussion?

We'd welcome them.
 
catman
Something tells me that the word 'discussion' might be a euphemistic way of putting what might transpire.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
derF
I post on the atheist's page of FB. It seems there is always a sheepeople or two to render mute with facts. But they never seem to grasp the fact that they have been made complete and utter fools of.
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.
 
kjbluez
Adam Ajaja wrote:
Ha haaa, a theist idiot on FB linked this very page as an example of atheist intolerance, how feeble.

Oh and no, Νάντια Τσάκαλη , I have not called my comments "respect for your beliefs". As I have stated time and again - even in this thread which you were clearly too stupid to understand - respect is EARNED
Welcome, Adam.

This site as atheist intolerance? Wow.

I suppose having "atheist" in the name of the site might be interpreted to some as intolerance. I don't know how such a view would be justified, but it is the best I can muster.
 
catman
Simply referring to oneself as an atheist is enough to totally place you beyond the pale in many settings, I'm sorry to say.
Edited by catman on 08/22/2009 03:08
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Doubting Thomas
Yes, unfortunately to most Christians and theists in general, just stating that you're an atheist is enough to offend them. Like we don't have a right to our beliefs, and to believe something other than what they believe is totally unacceptable in polite society. It's like they're offended by the very fact that we exist.
You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me and not you.
 
derF
Doubting Thomas wrote:
Yes, unfortunately to most Christians and theists in general, just stating that you're an atheist is enough to offend them. Like we don't have a right to our beliefs, and to believe something other than what they believe is totally unacceptable in polite society. It's like they're offended by the very fact that we exist.


Well, yeah. I mean, think of it. It throws into doubt the very existence of their god if we exist. Or, at least, it diminishes their god's power and influence. Why it may even bring into question the viability of their own beliefs. Bad mojo.



Tried to find something to edit.... Maybe next time.
Edited by derF on 08/23/2009 01:49
I'll drink to that. Or anything else for that matter.
 
catman
derF wrote:Well, yeah. I mean, think of it. It throws into doubt the very existence of their god if we exist. Or, at least, it diminishes their god's power and influence. Why it may even bring into question the viability of their own beliefs. Bad mojo.

I think it's more that they see us as totally unethical and worthless people who worship Satan and hate God.Wink
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Adam Ajaja
catman wrote:
derF wrote:Well, yeah. I mean, think of it. It throws into doubt the very existence of their god if we exist. Or, at least, it diminishes their god's power and influence. Why it may even bring into question the viability of their own beliefs. Bad mojo.

I think it's more that they see us as totally unethical and worthless people who worship Satan and hate God.Wink


Obviously the ones who think this only do so because if not for the bible they would be raping and murdering and stealing all over the shop. Even WITH the bible, they are over-represented in prisons while atheists are under-represented Grin
 
Hypatia
Adam wrote:

Obviously the ones who think this only do so because if not for the bible they would be raping and murdering and stealing all over the shop. Even WITH the bible, they are over-represented in prisons while atheists are under-represented Grin


Seriously true Adam.

Even so, how does it 'work out' that we atheist, especially, but even all non-theists, no matter what we do or say, or don't do or say, are so frequently responsible for theists being persecuted and their freedom of speech being repressed?

Well, if nothing else we certainly come across as powerful, even with all the daily infractions of upholding the wall of separation of church and state (in the US, anyway) going on. Which brings us back around to the largest percentage of these 'infractions' are, again, being done by - who? Theists? Non-theists?

I agree that with some simply seeing or hearing 'atheist' is all it takes to decide 'intolerant'/persecuted/repressed freedom of speech - and I also think some would be quick to think the same thing when it comes to anyone who isn't like them - it could be someone of any other religion or world view. But I think the discrimination is likely to happen more quickly, perhaps, when one is a non-theist.
 
Adam Ajaja

Even so, how does it 'work out' that we atheist, especially, but even all non-theists, no matter what we do or say, or don't do or say, are so frequently responsible for theists being persecuted and their freedom of speech being repressed?


Because unlike them, most of us actually BELIEVE in equal rights and no special treatment. Why SHOULD an archbishop have a special media platform to comment on people using the internet when his only qualification is myth-peddling? Why SHOULD xtians choose to discriminate and hate gays, atheists, or whatever?

I think a large number of them claim they are being persecuted because they want Creationism taught in schools. Well tough noogies, they should get some evidence. Otherwise all that will be said is "errr, some people believe a huge sky pixie made everything.... yes indeed"
 
catman
The problem is, of course, that they point to the Bible (aka "God's Holy Word") as "evidence", and due to the errant respect for religion and Christianity's majority status, it gets by.
Edited by catman on 08/24/2009 14:36
"If I owned both Hell and Texas, I'd live in Hell and rent out Texas." - General Sheridan
 
Scapegoat
And hyvää päivää to you, sir. And to the rest of you of course. Grin

I really should drop by more often, how's this site doing nowadays?
 
Adam Ajaja
Scapegoat wrote:
And hyvää päivää to you, sir. And to the rest of you of course. Grin

I really should drop by more often, how's this site doing nowadays?


Tis slow, but at least it's not subject to the whims of theist whingeing like Facebook groups are Grin
 
Jump to Forum: